Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Vortex FH Suppressor Options

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)

Vortex FH Suppressor Options

I had read somewhere that GEMTECH was introducing a HALO that was compatible with the Vortex Flashhider. Are any other suppressors designed to work with the Vortex?

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    The Fisher/Smith Enterprises is the primary one - $900 before stamp, transfer, and it's a 9" long can.

I asked GemTech about doing a custom version of the HALO that's compatible, but they quoted me something really high.

If they are indeed doing a run of Vortex compatible units, then I'd be all about those, however.
    عندما تصبح الأسلحة محظورة, قد يملكون حظرون عندهم فقط
    کله چی سلاح منع شوی دی، یوازي غلوونکۍ یی به درلود
    Semper Fi
    "Being able to do the basics, on demand, takes practice. " - Sinister

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Would rather have an AAC.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    i was going to ask the same question, i'll keep an eye on this one
    Untutored courage is useless in the face of educated bullets.
    George S. Patton

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Gemtech must have been asked enough. They stated they ARE making a vortex-compatible G5. It has a slightly different name. I don't recall it.

Why would you rather have an AAC? Not like any of those fit the Vortex. Why even bring that up? Go pay for a membership to John's site. You'll see there's no reason to buy any of AAC's cans.

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    Go pay for a membership to John's site. You'll see there's no reason to buy any of AAC's cans.
    Pardon me, who is John, what is his site, and in brief why does he dislike AAC suppressors?

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    John titsworth runs silencereview.com.

He does great reviews, testing multiple silencers on the same day. He records numbers, on video and posts them. Noone says he's biased and hates
    AAC. Looking at his numbers you'll know why I said what I said.

QUOYR=Disciple;303371]Pardon me, who is John, what is his site, and in brief why does he dislike AAC suppressors?[/QUOTE]

Feedback Score
    The 09 Gemtech HALO will work on a Vortex.

Gemtech statement on TOS:

2009 HALO - lighter, same universal mount for A1, A2, etc, but now by popular demand are also compatible with current Smith Vortex flash hiders. (Truth in advertising disclaimer: Production sked went all crazy between trying to roll out the new model during the Election sales rush - they'll be in stock later this quarter)

Dave

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuicideHz View Post
    John titsworth runs silencereview.com.

He does great reviews, testing multiple silencers on the same day. He records numbers, on video and posts them. Noone says he's biased and hates
    AAC. Looking at his numbers you'll know why I said what I said.
    That URL is not working for me. The first Google hit is www.silencerresearch.com
    Is that the site? Confirmed: "Silencer Research Owner John Titsworth"

If the AAC suppressors do not perform well, what does? I am looking at the M4-2000 for its light weight, compact size, and heretofore reputation for being a solid product.
    Last edited by Disciple; 02-04-09 at 14:27.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I didn't say it didn't perform well. I just asked why he'd rather have an AAC. The OMNI does not work with a vortex, does it?

Either way, I'd like to hear why he made that statement. If you are looking for a suppressor, it's well worth the $30 to look through the reviews. You'd be very surprised to see results that don't really coincide with the opinion of the fanboys who peddle products on "cool factor" alone.

Just sayin...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast