Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: NFA FFL Transfer Fees

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1SFG View Post
    I approached a place in Ft. Lauderdale, FL to do a NFA transfer. Regular transfers are $25, but for the NFA they wanted $150. Had to cancel on Grant for a 12" SBR LMT Piston rifle as a result. I think Grant wanted $2500 or so for the rifle, and I couldn't justify an additional $350 (200 tax plus the transfer fee) on my lowly .gov salary. I had assumed there must be significant additional costs to become a C3 dealer that translated to the additional costs, but appears that may not necessarily be the case.
    It costs a Class III (Title 2) Dealer, $500 PER YEAR to be able to do these transfers. So while it;s not free, it's not giant money. Most around my area in MN charge $75 for a NFA Transfer, which seems fair for the amount of work it takes.

Jon
    Last edited by Jon G23; 01-31-09 at 19:31.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I was paying my friend $20 for standard and the C3 dealer was getting $25. Two different C3s charged me $25...

Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball...

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    The dealer I have used recently (who posts on here occasionally) charges $20 or $25 (can't remember) for Title I, $50 for Title II, and $100 if it's a machinegun. That includes him preparing the Form 4 for you and sending it to you.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I used to assist a friend when he was in the gun business and actually owned a nice store so I have experience behind the counter and the scenes. I cannot and will not blame nor point a finger at a dealer for charging for a transaction. They are in business to make a living.

I am however lucky in the fact that my SOT dealer looks after me but I'm always prepared and willing to pay him.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    If you are having a C3 transfer something in and to you that you bought.....there should be a fee, not more than $100 would be OK.
    If you are buying something from the dealers stock, or he is special ordering an item and selling it to you at RETAIL.
    There should be no fee.....zip

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123