Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: NFA FFL Transfer Fees

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    I've paid up to $100 for an NFA transfer, but now that I have an FFL I am able to receive NFA items with going through an SOT.
    NRA Life Member
    GOA Life Member
    Distinguished Rifleman #1558
    President's Hundred

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Wagner View Post
    I charge $65.00 for a silencer transfer and $200.00 for any other NFA item. There are other Class III's in my area that charge less. However, the the beauty of living in the USA is that I have the freedom to place any value I wish on my services. If a potential customer feels that I am too high they simply "move on" to something they feel is more appropriate. Interestingly enough I am swamped with transfer services and recently I have been recommending potential customers to use a less expensive dealer.

I love free market capitalism.
    Do you buy them dinner and turn the lights down low first? Sorry but $200 is totally in out of control
    BUY IT CHEAP AND STACK IT DEEP

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by COLT6933 View Post
    Do you buy them dinner and turn the lights down low first? Sorry but $200 is totally in out of control

I knew that was coming...thanks for not disappointing

Yeah $200 is F'n INSANE!

I believe someone may show up at the local PD/SO after the transfer though and file an inicident report on consensual rape.

But hey, if the SOT asks for it, and some poor SOB pays it ......that's great .

As he said it's capitalism, and that's what America is about, or used to be about.

Guns kill people who have guns and want to kill people.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

Feedback Score
    Gotta love some of those dealers. yelling about the 2nd amendment. Then screwing their own to make a few bucks.

To the buyers: If you can get a good piece of ass for less.

Hint: you may be paying too much.
    Last edited by trunkmonkey; 01-29-09 at 16:34.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by COLT6933 View Post
    Do you buy them dinner and turn the lights down low first?
    This part of my service is reserved soley for the occasional female Swedish super model who comes by to pick up her fully transferable Swedish K

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Easy fellas let's not start down this path. Keep it clean and no rabbit punches..
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    I have been looking around here shopping for a class3 guy to work with. I think that it pays to shop around. For several out here charge a resonable rate, some the same as their class1 stuff ($25). Then there are the others. If they are a stocking dealer and you want to transfer in a item that they can get for you then they charge $125-$150 for the transfer! Another guy out here charges a transfer on top of the silencer price for what he has in stock!
    Shop around.

Feedback Score
    I approached a place in Ft. Lauderdale, FL to do a NFA transfer. Regular transfers are $25, but for the NFA they wanted $150. Had to cancel on Grant for a 12" SBR LMT Piston rifle as a result. I think Grant wanted $2500 or so for the rifle, and I couldn't justify an additional $350 (200 tax plus the transfer fee) on my lowly .gov salary. I had assumed there must be significant additional costs to become a C3 dealer that translated to the additional costs, but appears that may not necessarily be the case.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    IIRC, my dealer charges me $25 for non-NFA and $50 for NFA.

For the NFA transfers he fills out the forms completely and mails them to me, then I sign and add my check and mail them in to the BATFE. I like this arrangement very much.

Transfers of NFA items require significantly more effort and paperwork on the part of the dealer. At least double.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rob_s View Post
    Transfers of NFA items require significantly more effort and paperwork on the part of the dealer. At least double.
    Also, longer storage times, often for guns which can be significantly more expensive than title I guns, which I would assume means the dealer would need more insurance to cover the storage.

FWIW I pay $50 for my title II transfers.
    Last edited by CleverNickname; 01-30-09 at 19:40.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast