Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: IRON BRIGADE ARMORY vs. GAP vs. TEXAS BRIGADE ARmory

Feedback Score
    GAP - my personal rifle outshoots a couple of rifles on our team that cost almost three times as much. The thing is a friggin' laser. It is a .5 moa rifle in the cold, hot, wet, blah, blah, blah. It is a machine.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)

Accuracy International AE

For a little over $3K you can get the AE model from BLANKSGUNS that he's got posted on the Sniper's Hide. Accuracy International and don't look back!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Very true, Stacey has a sale running on left overs as the AE line is getting getting upgrades for 09'. Time to push the old to make room for the new .

But if someone were to opt for a GAP Basic Tactical rifle it can be had for $2450 with barrel maker options at no extra cost. Bartlein, Obermeyer and Schneider are all on hand for .30 cal builds right now.

$600 difference buys a lot of ammo or would go towards a nice piece of glass.

But it is tough to really compare AI anything against a tuned build custom 700 though.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    KACSR15 is right. With me on a LE budget and trying to support a girlfreind while she goes back to school, I'm lucky if I'll be able to afford middle eastern surplus ammo to shoot out of what ever I get. haha, Just kiddin about the surplus thing, would never do that unless it was my last resort. I did talk to George the other day and he said they use Bartlein Barrels strictly now. I wonder why? I havent read much about them but I have heard alot about the schneiders? Sorry if I got a lot of questions, I'm new to sniper rifle stuff and forums.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    If you're on a budget, go buy a Savage .308. Good rifles. We had one perform quite well at one of our classes.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    GAP is top notch and Balnkenship is also top notch as mentioned before. KACSR15 KAF is only big enough for 1 M4C member so you best hit the PAX and get out of dodge..
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Voodoochild View Post
    GAP is top notch and Balnkenship is also top notch as mentioned before. KACSR15 KAF is only big enough for 1 M4C member so you best hit the PAX and get out of dodge..
    Hey man, only if I am lucky will I get out thru the TLS in a month or so. I've been here since July 07 and the wifey says it's time to come home, NOW ! Being a contractor has it's advantages at times, want to leave, catch a hop out ...... Maybe it really is time, chow halls are turning into a zoo and it's going to get real crowded.

Back on topic. OP, check out this linky. It's a fair listing of builders. There are many more out there it just takes some research.
    http://www.snipershide.com/forum/ubb...71&nt=2&page=1

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Man we got here at the same time. FYI if you need to get out to Ali Al butthole (Kuwait) hook up with the Aussies guaranteed flight out. I got the hook up with the fixed wing folk and can get a flight whenever I want. Also Terry Kross (or Cross) is a well known builder but not sure if he is still taking orders. Check on the hide you can get the low down from the builders themselves.
    Love you Pop. F*ck Cancer.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Well Good information on all three builders. Messing with the Corps is never a good idea.

on a side note... voodoo you better scoot on over, there are a few more boys in town. I do agree, the Bulgarians need their own chow hall, and gym for that matter...

Feedback Score
    Chandler makes a fine rifle. I would own one in heart beat if I had the money

TBA makes fine rifle

Terry cross makes fine rifle

I say call these guys up and talk with them. Then decide whats right fit for you
    Last edited by TacticalIntervention; 02-04-09 at 12:15. Reason: typos

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast