Thread: PMags

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)

PMags

Ok, I have always said I don't need these.
    Then today while I am picking up another BUIS I notice they have an entire box of pMags.

I can honestly say there is just something about these that is just amazing. They are light, feel solid, and just look damn good.

The only down side is they are 18 bucks and I have to go back and get more tomorrow.

Are they really that much better than USGI in function, or am I about to spend a couple hundred bucks to be the black rifle version of a fashion whore?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    If your USGI's are running magpul followers and good springs, The dependability of feeding is going to be the same. The difference between USGI and Pmags are the durability of the mag body. The USGI's will dent and become worthless. The Pmags on the other hand will basically survive going through hell and back. If you are more comfortable with USGI's then by all means use those. If you want to try pmags, go for it...just be warned, once you try pmags, your hooked.
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    i have brownell mags and pmags.. basically the only advantage to the pmags is theyre pretty

oh, and orange.. i dig the orange mags for training. you can drop them all over the place and not lose them. you should always train to use a dump bag, but in the heat of a drill you do miss the pouch from time to time. we were doing a 300m advance under heavy fire drill a few days ago and i left a trail of magazines from the firing line to the berm. by the time we'd made it to and cleared the "bunker" it was getting dark, and i'm sure i left some black and FDE mags out there.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    i have brownell mags and pmags.. basically the only advantage to the pmags is theyre pretty

oh, and orange.. i dig the orange mags for training. you can drop them all over the place and not lose them. you should always train to use a dump bag, but in the heat of a drill you do miss the pouch from time to time. we were doing a 300m advance under heavy fire drill a few days ago and i left a trail of magazines from the firing line to the berm. by the time we'd made it to and cleared the "bunker" it was getting dark, and i'm sure i left some black and FDE mags out there.

Mount this sucker to your rifle and you'll be able to find your mags no matter how dark http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...spotlight.html
    “The defining characteristic of a warrior is the willingness to close with the enemy.”

Feedback Score
    64 (98%)
    Yes that is the problem. I got one and now I am chasing he dragon! I must have more. And yes they are pretty. I like pretty sometimes LOL.

Anyone want to trade about 30 USGI mags for Pmags? ;-)

Feedback Score
    I have become a big fan of PMAGs. I just feel like they are made better than a USGI mag and I like the way they tear down without having to bend anything. I will admit though that I am fast becoming a Magpul fanboy. I did go through and replace all the springs in my USGI mags with Wolff mags and all the followers with Magpul Gen 3 followers. With those mods, they all function perfect, but I still prefer the PMAGs.

One advantage to USGI mags though is that if you ever add another EBR that is something else that takes AR mags that is not an AR, some won't use the PMAGs. An FN F2000 is an example of this. For that reason, my collection is about 50/50.
    ••••••••••••••••••••
    "We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately." - Benjamin Franklin

Feedback Score
    I am still waiting for my pmags...arrrgg!!! 3 different backorders..lol I think I have a man-crush on pmags. Ordered from brownells in mid december........still waiting.
    "I'd rather have a Bloody Mary made from the bandage drippings of a dozen Ebola victims than watch BattleField Earth again."

SeriousStudent

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by AirmanAtwood View Post
    Mount this sucker to your rifle and you'll be able to find your mags no matter how dark http://www.opticsplanet.net/surefire...spotlight.html
    We rock those bad boys on our M2s to stop those would-be RKG-3 throwers.

As for PMAGs: I really have no complaints except that they are in fact addicting. Whether you need them or not all depends on what you'll be doing. Honestly I feel that if you're just a recreational shooter who likes going to the range here and there you don't need them and you shouldn't buy them. I'd save 'em for us guys overseas.