Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Robinson XCR

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Abraxas View Post
    Umm... what tools are needed to field strip an AR?
    None. That part was mostly to address those that believe that the current production XCR needs tools to remove the gas valve for cleaning. The first generation gas valve did, the current one does not.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by kal View Post
    After or during it's 10k run, did any parts break or have to be replaced due to wear?

Could a well built M4 carbine last 10k without preemptive maintenance or breaking anything?
    I did not have any parts breakage. Parts literally breaking are generally unheard of.

XCR problems are usually user error or something is out of spec in which case it won’t cycle, or it will cycle sporadically. Midstream explosions are on the rare side

One of the biggest issues I've seen is people working on their gun and not reassembling it correctly. Because the XCR can be easily stripped down 100% with household tools the temptation mess with it is very high
    Kein Mitleid Für Die Mehrheit
    What Happened to the American dream? It came true. You're looking at it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by variablebinary View Post
    ... the temptation mess with it is very high
    You aint a kiddin'
    ... Its just so, cool and different.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Katar View Post
    Do we have any hard-use, high round count data on any XCR's?
    I don't have hard use data, but I do have over 10,000 rounds with absolutely ZERO problems of any kind. No loose bolts, no stoppages of any kind, nothing. It's been flawless. And most ammo has been WOLF.

I do like it better than my AR's, but I would opt for an AR if that were my ONLY choice (simply do to parts being readily available locally and widespread, not a single other advantage to it, but that's a big one).
    Last edited by ITSTOCK; 01-28-09 at 21:22.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123