Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Old is new again: 92G Vertec

ToddG Guest

Old is new again: 92G Vertec

Picked up an excellent-condition 92G Vertec last week and today finally had a chance to put some rounds downrange.

The accuracy of the gun was outstanding:

Those are the first five rounds I fired through the gun. A 5-shot group at 25yd from the bench measuring 0.71" center to center. And yes, I was so geeky excited that I took a picture with my iPhone and emailed it to half a dozen friends. I also dragged lindertw over to see it, who was unfortunate enough to be nearby while I was so busy patting myself on the back.

While I don't see giving up my M&P9 anytime soon -- I shoot the M&P a little faster and the ergos work better for me, especially reloads -- this gun reminded me just how much I loved my Berettas. It took me about 50 rounds to get over the DA/SA thing and then I was driving along like old times.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Congratulations on the snag. That gun looks just like mine, down to the CTC grip. Excellent group.

Here's mine. I installed an Elite II hammer

I think the grip frame on the Vertec is way more superior than the regular 92 grip. My wish Beretta would be a Centurion G with Vertec grip!
    Last edited by Sam; 01-27-09 at 10:02.

Feedback Score
    I always liked the Vertecs with the short trigger, but could never bring myself to buy one 'cause the DA stroke seemed to stack a lot more than the standard 92s. I could do without the rail, too.

Phenomenal accuracy. I just pulled out my 92FS the other day and sighted it in. I was not able to achieve accuracy anywhere near yours, Todd. Not that it was bad or anything.

Tim

Feedback Score
    Very impressive dude!

I would put a copy of that on my refrigerator....and maybe the front door. All the warning any intruder needs.

USSA-1
    Occupo Mens- Win the Fight
    United States Shooting Academy

Feedback Score
    The M9A1 appears to have an identical rail. Was the Vertec rail-equipped before the M9A1?

ToddG Guest
    The Vertec was the first Beretta pistol with an accessory rail.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I need to get one of those GIANT quarters to make my groups look better too!

Does Brownells carry them?

ToddG Guest
    The Giant Quarter was the easy part. Finding a buddy who could loan me a 155mm Howitzer to put holes in the paper ... now that was tricky.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Rumor has it the range security cameras caught Todd moonwalking in the parking lot - he was pretty stoked about that grouping

Fantastic shooting man! It was good to bump into you again at the range. Let me know how the 'Tuesday Night Thing' progresses, I'd like to get involved as work schedule permits.

mental note, the next time Todd is away from his gear for an extended period of time I'm going to load some snap caps in his range mags
    Last edited by lindertw; 01-27-09 at 11:02.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Lots of people ding on the Beretta but in my experience they've always been a pretty good handgun if you maintain them.

Someday I'll have to let Todd play with my chrome plated LTT customized Beretta....although I don't know if it will shoot .7" groups.

Maybe I should bring it to the private Vickers class...It'll give Todd a chance to play with it and it'll give KevinB the chance to ask about my "Taurus" again.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast