Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Old is new again: 92G Vertec

Feedback Score
    I can live with a high bore axis but I prefer a lower bore axis. In fact I love me some low bore axis. :-) We should start a thread about which is better and combine it with 9mm vs .40 vs. .45 cause thats never been done before...;-)

Change from a gun company to a clothing company? WTF?

So Todd, why did they get rid of the Vertec? They still sell multiple models of the 92...I tried a Vertec once and liked it noticeably more than the 92 series.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by HK45 View Post
    I can live with a high bore axis but I prefer a lower bore axis.
    As do I. But it's probably not in the top ten things I'd worry about when choosing a pistol, especially a duty/carry pistol.

Change from a gun company to a clothing company? WTF?
    You need to look at it from the European viewpoint. Beretta is losing market share in the worldwide military and LEO segment. They are losing market share in LE and civilian pistol segments in the US and they know they are unlikely to win a .45-cal military pistol procurement if that finally happens. The U.S. commercial market is volatile at best due to constant threats of bans.

Clothing is much easier and cheaper to make; it has much higher margins; it requires substantially less expensive support, QC, and warranty; windbreakers aren't getting banned anytime soon (except maybe in the U.K. if someone threatens to use one to strangle someone).

So Todd, why did they get rid of the Vertec?
    I can only speculate, as the decision was made after I left the company. My belief is that with the introduction of the 90-Two, the need for a railed 90-series gun with a straight backstrap was seen as fulfilled by the newer gun. The Vertec was never popular with some key managers at Beretta USA because the concept and development happened within the LE Sales group instead of through the normal channels. Some bruised egos were salved when the Vertec was "disappeared."

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info. Interesting. But it seems to me that Beretta would only sell clothing insofar as the clothing is identified with a popular gun line not as a clothing entity. My guess is this will not work out for them.

ToddG Guest
    My guess is this will not work out for them.
    wikipedia agrees with you:
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Categor...lothing_brands

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    There is only one "short trigger" for all 92- and 96-series guns to the best of my knowledge. So if you find a Beretta 92/96 short trigger, it will work in your 92D.
    I was having enough trouble finding the .22 conversion kit. Got it I'll start turning over more stones looking for one. How to you rate the short trigger on a 92?

Never mind it's going in to Beretta for a Short Reach Trigger for the Vertac PN# and trigger job. I'll have them go over it while it's there since it's kind of old.

Thanks!
    Last edited by DMR; 03-12-09 at 14:22.
    pro-patria.us

Feedback Score
    Just got back from the range and asked a friend to bring his M9A1. It was fun to shoot and I kind of liked it..more than I expected. Been awhile since I shot a Beretta. I like the big slide release and easy to grab and slingshot slide. Still don't like the safety. I might even buy one just to have but I'm kind of leery of Beretta as a company. they seem to be wandering and out of touch and I don't know what their support situation is like. You know who sells alot of 92fs' is Sportsmans Warehouse. They sell them as quick as they get them in to current or ex-servicemen who want to buy what they were issued.
    Last edited by HK45; 03-12-09 at 14:08.

Feedback Score
    Just got back from the range and asked a friend to bring his M9A1. It was fun to shoot and I kind of liked it..more than I expected. Been awhile since I shot a Beretta. I like the big slide release and easy to grab and slingshot slide. Still don't like the safety. I might even buy one just to have but I'm kind of leery of Beretta as a company. they seem to be wandering and out of touch and I don't know what their support situation is like. You know who sells alot of 92fs' is Sportsmans Warehouse. They sell them as quick as they get them in to current or ex-servicemen who want to buy what they were issued.
    If you aren't into the safety (it isn't my favorite either) then check out the "G" models. They have a decocking lever only and no manual safety. Also they do have some pistols with a 1911 style safety. I personally think it is ugly, but it is well placed and comfortable to use. You can even carry them cocked and locked like a 1911. (See Beretta Steel I) That pistol also uses the Vertec frame and has no rail. Kind of an odd animal. I almost bought one because it was unique but I passed on it and went with the 96G-SD instead.
    Last edited by Jack_Stroker; 03-12-09 at 14:28.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234