Thread: One Suppressor for .308 and .223 to start with

Feedback Score

One Suppressor for .308 and .223 to start with

Getting ready to pull the trigger on a trust and I have a question about the aquisition path for suppressors.

Looking to eventually get a .308 and .223 suppressor, but will start out with one. The .308 is for a bolt gun, so accuracy is the most desirable attribute. Till I get a .223 suppressor, I'd use the .308 on the .223 for rapid fire. From reading, that's not a problem, but not optimal.

What suppressor would work best for .308 accuracy applications, but not be damaged and be usable for .223 rapid fire? Is the mounting system the real issue?

I looked here, TOS and silencerresearch.com, but I haven't found the answer.

Thanks
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    7.62SD. Very good on both. Only 2db louder than the M1000 (or maybe 2000). The only downside is it's longer and heavier than a M-2000.

Feedback Score
    I am in the same boat. I am putting it on a .308 gas gun, but the same situation. I considered the ACC 762SD for a long time. Since accuarcy was the predominate goal I neded up saving up more for a reflex type can, the AAC SCAR H with the MITER attachment. At the time I was told by AAC that it will work on a 5.56 with their M4 SPR attachment and have since seen a post from another AAC employee that says you can not. Something else to consider, though I am still researching the attachment situation.
    What 5.56 can are you looking at? If you want the M4 1000 then go with the 762SD as it uses the same mount.

Feedback Score
    Heard from AAC. No go on the shared attachment between the SCAR-H and the M4 SPR.

http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=23260

Feedback Score
    247 (100%)
    Definitely the 762SD. Has the 18tooth QD Flash Suppressor - which is current M4-1000 and old M4-2000.

Feedback Score
    It really sounds like if you want the best in 308 accuracy, the thread on is the best way to go, but that limits the ability to attach to 556 barrels.

Lot's of stuff on The Hide, I was looking for a NFA group, not an Acc. group.

How can you tell if a .30 suppressor is rated for .308 and something like 300 Win Mag? What is the knarliest .300 round?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    I am not sure what your area of operation is but the 300 Win mag would do anything on the continent you would probably need.