Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: The word from Federal on XM193.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    yes, in the military.. xm177, xm16e1, for example
    Perhaps in the military. I don't know.

But XM193 is neither experimental or Military ammo.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by markm View Post
    Perhaps in the military. I don't know.

But XM193 is neither experimental or Military ammo.
    werd.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Slater View Post
    Hell, I would have, but all I had in my wallet was $12. Oh well, maybe there'll be some left next week since it doesn't appear to be a sought-after item in these parts
    Where is your neck of the woods anyway? If your close to SC, we might have to work something out!

-RD62

Feedback Score
    Arizona, sorry.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    The military still has M193 ammo and using it for punching paper AFAIK. We have about 12 cases of it here and use it for punching paper as well. I believe all of the stuuf I have seen was Lake City produced, but if I am not mistaken ATK-Federal is running Lake City.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    The military still has M193 ammo and using it for punching paper AFAIK. We have about 12 cases of it here and use it for punching paper as well. I believe all of the stuuf I have seen was Lake City produced, but if I am not mistaken ATK-Federal is running Lake City.
    Is your ammo loaded in NATO marked brass?

I'm just curious. I know the mil still has some A1 rifles out there and they do still consume M193. But I'm curious to know if the M193 that the mil uses is run in NATO cross brass.

If it is, my whole theory is shot to hell!

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    As you stated earlier, 55 gr .223 ammo is not NATO standardized - M855 is what became NATO standard.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    I tried to do some research on what the "X in XM193 stands for. I had been told and read that this means military rejected. Federals techs said that the "X" is to denote the civilian ammo. It is Lake City whether it is White Box A,B,C,D or whatever letter they are using today. The last letter is for packaging. Black box American Eagle is made by Lake City. I was told this in two diferent return phone calls by two different techs. " XM193 is not rejected". It is mil spec Lake City M193 I am sure some will doubt this.

Those with critical thinking skills will indeed “doubt this” as your statement that Federal XM193 meets the mil-spec for M193 is in fact, false. Federal XM193 does not meet the mil-spec for M193 and a simple physical examination of a round of Federal XM193 proves as much.

If one were to spend a few minutes reading the mil-spec for M193, MIL-C-9963D, one would see that M193 must undergo and pass a long chain of quality controls in order to meet the mil-spec requirements. Pictured below is a bullet pulled from a round of Federal XM193. Take a close look at it.

Now, take a good look at a bullet pulled from a round of M193 pictured below.

Be sure to note the distinct and obvious presence of the asphalt sealant on the bullet that is a requirement for mil-spec M193; sealant that is completely absent on the bullet (and case mouth) of the Federal XM193 round. This aspect alone, disqualifies Federal XM193 from meeting the mil-spec requirement for M193.
    Last edited by Molon; 02-08-09 at 22:15.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Molon View Post
    Those with critical thinking skills will indeed “doubt this” as your statement that Federal XM193 meets the mil-spec for M193 is in fact, false. Federal XM193 does not meet the mil-spec for M193 and a simple physical examination of a round of Federal XM193 proves as much.

If one were to spend a few minutes reading the mil-spec for M193, MIL-C-9963D, one would see that M193 must undergo and pass a long chain of quality controls in order to meet the mil-spec requirements. Pictured below is a bullet pulled from a round of Federal XM193. Take a close look at it.

Now, take a good look at a bullet pulled from a round of M193 pictured below.

Be sure to note the distinct and obvious presence of the asphalt sealant on the bullet that is a requirement for mil-spec M193; sealant that is completely absent on the bullet (and case mouth) of the Federal XM193 round. This aspect alone, disqualifies Federal XM193 from meeting the mil-spec requirement for M193.
    To hone my critical thinking skills a little, I must ask what batch # of federal XM193 the round you examined came from? I am going from what Federal said on more than one phone call. I agree that lack of sealant would disqualify it from meeting " mil-spec". Can you also disprove the fact that it has a rating of 3165fps at 75ft from a 20inch barrel and an energy rating of 1223ft pounds? It is still made by Lake City and boxed by Federal. My post was to tell what Federal said about their own ammo and not put anyones pantys in a bunch.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 1911pro View Post
    My post was to tell what Federal said about their own ammo and not put anyones pantys in a bunch.
    And our posts have been meant to tell you that what you believe to be true may in fact not be - despite what the person on the other end of the phone at Federal said to you.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast