Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Best of the 2 stage triggers? (sub $150)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristopherM4 View Post
    Has anyone had Bill do work on their single stage? I have two sitting here that I'm thinking of sending along with a 10/22 trigger. I've heard him mentioned but no review of his work.

Topher
    rob_s has a small review in one of his carbine build articles on tyv.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Steelblitz View Post
    Go to www.adcofirearms.com and you'll see them there. I have one on order from them, so no hands on with one yet.
    AFAIK, Adco is the only retailer for the SSA. I've had one back-ordered since mid-October. They're $151, shipped.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I just got a GA SSA earlier in the week. I think it is a great trigger for the money, so far. I haven't been able to shoot it yet but will in the next day or so. It has a bit more creep than I like, but it is simple and looks pretty rugged. I always used a jewell in my NM days and I like it alot, mainly because it is easily adjustable with small allen wrenches. Most other triggers require bending springs and alot of trial and error and most of all...time, taking it in and out of the rifle. That said I am not sure I would want a jewell in a hard use rifle. Its got alot of pieces and while I have never had a light strike in thousands of rounds, the lock time is slow, so I may just be lucky. I have also heard that the small adjustiing screws nylon(or what ever) bushings that maintain its adjustment can be eaten away by use of gun scrubber making quick cleaning of the lower a hassle. I also once had a RRA NM in a dedicated compass lake .22 rifle. (since .22 is realy dirty)I thought it was okay for a lower price NM set up, but I wasn't in love with the feel, and it had more creep than my newer SSA. I am not sure what WOA does to them and haven't tried one of them.
    Last edited by sgtrock82; 02-06-09 at 13:27.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    I just got a GA SSA earlier in the week.... It has a bit more creep than I like...
    Two questions:

1. When did you order yours? I've been waiting since mid-October...

2. Creep? You mean the first stage, right? That's supposed to be there, right?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    order???... sorry It was a local connection for this. No, by creep, I mean that once you pull through the first stage and hit the second, it doesn't snap like the proverbial glass rod when you put on the second pressure. When you pull through the secong stage you feel a slight bit of movement in the trigger before it breaks instead of just a sudden break. I am not an engineer but I believe it is related to the amount of sear engagement. I don't think it is bad, probably enhances reliability. Really crisp triggers are not set and forget, they require a bit of maintenance

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtrock82 View Post
    I just got a GA SSA earlier in the week. I think it is a great trigger for the money, so far. I haven't been able to shoot it yet but will in the next day or so.
    Please post up a review when you get around to trying it out!

For anyone else contemplating geting one, I was told by ADCO a few weeks ago that a current order for one puts the delivery date about 8-12 weeks out.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12