Thread: Piston Rifles; LWRC or LMT?

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by OH58D View Post
    my interest is strictly in the differences between an LMT and LWRC piston weapon. Are they identical systems, or does one have mechanics that stand out over the other?

Regards,
    OH58D
    LWRC has 3 pieces to their 'piston' system and you have to take off the top rail to access it. That said, their piston system sits lower to the bore and under their top rail.

LMT only has two pieces to their 'piston' system and can be accessed by only removing the gas cup. BTW, that same gas cup can be turned upside down to block the gas port from the barrel to make it a true single shot rifle. LMTs can also be changed quickly to different calibers without changing the entire upper. As a matter of fact, their entire upper is a true one piece billet and extremely stiff and well built. You can even change back to their DI system with just a barrel/BCG change.

I have nothing bad to say about either system. I just bought the LMT because I liked the idea of changing calibers/systems without keeping complete separate uppers. I really like my LMT as you can tell, but I'm sure if they weren't available, I would have gone with LWRCI.
    Last edited by mark5pt56; 02-09-09 at 20:42.