Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Best 9mm

Feedback Score

Best 9mm

Looking at whats the most accurate or easy to shoot 9mm for most people out of these. Also what will work with +p ammo and not hurt the gun. Choices are BHighPower, HKP30L, Beretta 92. Thanks.

ToddG Guest
    Why are those your only choices?

The H&K and Beretta are both fine with +p ammo, while most folks will agree that shooting +p in a HiPower will lead to damage much sooner.

Feedback Score
    I guess a glock or m&p would be ok as long as their just as accurate. Folks always talk about the accuracy of the 1st 3 listed and how they are like a well tuned 1911. pros and cons of each or links to a good review would be nice.

Feedback Score
    You definitely want a Glock.
    NRA Patron Member | 1911's | AR's | GAP Crusader

Feedback Score
    it sounds like your looking for a hi-cap, but for the best 9mm i've ever shot, hands down the H&K P7. if you havnt already, i would seriously recomend looking into it.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoobs View Post
    it sounds like your looking for a hi-cap, but for the best 9mm i've ever shot, hands down the H&K P7. if you havnt already, i would seriously recomend looking into it.
    Those pistols are usually very accurate.

To the OP - Why is accuracy your main requirement? There are plenty of target pistols available. Combat accuracy is a different kettle of fish, what is your intention?

M_P

Feedback Score
    The first 3 were really the main ones I was looking hard at. The HK p30l felt great nut the trigger is almost up agnist the grip and I have long fingers, don't know if the different grips will be enough to fill that void. the BHP to me by far feels the most compact. The Beretta is ok I guess as far as feel but I tried one yesterday and it shoot great. I had not even considered a Beretta until then. As far as accuracy goes I hate a gun I can't shoot well with, I can make noise with firecrackers. I figured all these are reliable or at least they should be. I just haven't been around many 9s at all.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    respectfully, all the guns mentioned in this thread (beretta, glock, M&P, H&K. BHP, P7, etc.) are plenty accurate...if you aren't hitting what you want with it, you aren't doing YOUR job....

so find out what works best for you., and which platform YOU are most proficient with...

like striker fired? Glock, M&P and XD will all serve you well

DA/SA? Sig, Beretta, H&K.....

SA only? BHP, P7M8, even a 1911 in 9mm or a CZ-75 would all be good

once you determine what you want to shoot, its a question of other tangibles and ergonomics....

Personally, I like one constant trigger, and find I like Glocks best....

but, again, all those pistols are plenty accurate, have a good reputation for reliability....9 out of 10 times, if someone isn't hitting where they want, its the shooter not the gun (provided you are using the appropriate weapon for the situation....don't shoot a 200 yard target with a 9mm handgun )

Feedback Score
    33 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    Looking at whats the most accurate or easy to shoot 9mm for most people out of these. Also what will work with +p ammo and not hurt the gun. Choices are BHighPower, HKP30L, Beretta 92. Thanks.
    The only gun in your choice that is what I would consider very reliable is the HKP30.

I would look at the G19 and M&P as my first two choices for a 9mm HG.

C4

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by dutch View Post
    It would help us answer your question if we knew your intended use of this weapon, and also if we knew the extent of your experience with handguns in general.

For example, if you were to tell us that you have an H&K USP in .40 that you've been shooting weekly for several years and that you are quite satisfied with its controls and performance, and that the new 9mm gun would be used for home defense and training, but not for concealed carry. That kind of info is what I'm talking about.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast