Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Best 9mm

Feedback Score
    Sigs just fit my hand better than anything else I've tried.
    Ditto

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    [QUOTE=ToddG;308522]I once met an FBI SWAT team guy who explained to me -- in detail -- that his team carries a .45 because they've seen time and time again how much more effective the .45 is when shooting down plates. "Even a near miss with a .45 will knock down a plate." Exact quote. Hand to God. And this guy, no doubt, has influence on the non-SWAT guys in his office.[QUOTE]

Makes you wonder how competent FBI agents are in general if that is what he truly believes.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    Makes you wonder how competent FBI agents are in general if that is what he truly believes.
    The FBI is probably like any other LE organization. There are people in the FBI who are gun people, and then people who aren't gun people but try to learn about their tools, people who aren't gun people and don't know a lot about their tools but handle them well enough, and then people who should be required to keep their bullet in their shirt pocket in case of emergency.

Terminal ballistics is a whole field of study unto itself and there aren't a lot of people who expend the time and effort to learn about the ammo they are carrying. In LE the question is moot for a lot of people because they have to carry what they are issued and have zero input on what they get issued. As a regular joe with an interest in the topic I've paid attention to it for years and I'm still a rank amateur with little useful knowledge.

I've met guys from a number of organizations who don't really know a lot about weapons or ammo or shooting in general...but they'd been confronted with multiple lethal force situations and the bad guys were no longer around to tell the tale.

Knowing stuff about guns is one thing. Knowing how to use them effectively for serious social purposes is another.
    Last edited by John_Wayne777; 02-12-09 at 15:29.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnN View Post
    When it comes to firearms, they are certainly better trained than the average cop.

The vast majority of them, as JW777 pointed out, are not going to be "gun people" and thus they don't spend their days reading forums and learning about this stuff on their own time.

The difference is that unlike the majority of LE agencies in this country, the FBI also has teams of people who do nothing but study this stuff full time. So as an agency they are usually on a pretty good track.

Feedback Score
    Glock 17 for a full-sized accurate and reliable gun; Glock 19 for an excellent mid-sized gun.

K

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Erocku View Post
    +1 to the P226
    Our aircrew carries the Sig M-11. I would rather shoot the M11 than the M-9. I have small hands and the M9 doesn't fit well.

http://www.navyseals.com/m11
    Last edited by ghost762; 02-19-09 at 02:49.

Rock River Arms Tactical CAR A4, S&W Bodyguard .380, S&W Model 410 .40 cal, S&W M&P22
    S&W M&P 40, Custom .22LR AR, Mossberg 500

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    CZ-75/SP01, S&W M&P, Glock 17/19, Sig 226, Beretta 92.

CZ would be your best bet in a reliable, full-size, accurate fighting pistol.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ghost762 View Post
    Our aircrew carries the Sig M-11. I would rather shoot the M11 than the M-9. I have small hands and the M9 doesn't fit well.

http://www.navyseals.com/m11
    Apparently there was a manufacturing overrun as a new batch of M-11s are being imported as the P228R. I don't think I like the idea of a rail on a 228 but a railed 228 is much better than no 228. I love my 228s.

Feedback Score
    Sig P226 & P228
    Keep your powder dry.

M4Carbine required notice/disclaimer: I am a tactical marketing professional. PM for details.

Feedback Score
    Guys I picked up a Browning HP Practical a few days ago, was looking at others but Gander had this gun as a store demo and it wa unfired, best of all I got it foe 314+ tax so I couldn't pass on it. I still am going to get another 9mm though. After my experience today with a M&P 45C its going to be hard not to try one in a 9mm.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567