Thread: How large of an objective lens can you use on a flat-top w/ RRA high-rise mount?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

How large of an objective lens can you use on a flat-top w/ RRA high-rise mount?

Just as the title says. I'd like to know if I can get away with a x50 objective lens scope on my flat-top precision build using the RRA hi-rise scope mount.

http://www.rockriverarms.com/index.c...ategory_id=385
    Last edited by 0reo; 02-06-09 at 15:40.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    I think the best place to go for this answer is RRA themselves. I'd give them a call and ask them.

If you're not deadset on getting that mount then I'd ask people on the site that use an x50 objective scope which mount they use.

Good luck.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I did call them and the girl told me I should call back on Monday to get ahold of the person who would know. Sooo.... Now I'm impatient 'cause I'd like to get my scope order placed.

Feedback Score

Scope Question

I know that you could for sure if the scope doesn't have an AO (Adjustable Objective). With an AO, then I can't say for sure.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Ignorance is Defensible, Stupidity is Not!

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Adjustable objective? I don't believe I've heard of that before. I'll have to look into it.

I'm looking at the Bushnell elite 6500, either 4.5-30 or 2.5-16 x 50

Feedback Score

Adjustable Objectives

Quote Originally Posted by 0reo View Post
    Adjustable objective? I don't believe I've heard of that before. I'll have to look into it.

I'm looking at the Bushnell elite 6500, either 4.5-30 or 2.5-16 x 50
    An Adjustable objective is used to adjust parallax out of a scope. It is usually a dial on the end of the scopes bell marked from 25yds to infinity.
    I searched for Bushnell Elite 6500 since I was not familiar with this scope...and the ones I found are sans AO. You should be fine.
    "Get yourself a Glock, Lose that Nickle plated sissy pistol." Sam Gerard (Tommy Lee Jones)

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I think the 6500 series does have an adjustment for that but it's a turret in the middle along with the elevation and windage.

ETA: Found my answer here: http://maxicon.com/guns/optics/one_p...ece_mounts.htm

Looks like the RRA gives me PLENTY of height considering the YHM freefloat tube co-witnesses with the upper receiver.
    Last edited by 0reo; 02-06-09 at 22:59.

Feedback Score

Good To Go

Oreo,
    I went back to the Bushnell sight and watched the video they had for the 6500 series and you are right. AO adjustment is Turret on the left side of the scope. This gives you plenty of clearence as you stated in your last post. Good Luck