Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: S&W M&P 45 Questions...

Feedback Score
    Howard,
    Don't get rid of that sight press for the M&P's, as I will be needing one REAL soon, and would love to borrow/rent it from you my friend, that is, if you are willing.
    Also, I normally like Budsgunshop prices, but in this case, he is $100 MORE than a couple other places I've found M&P 45's at (except they were out of stock at this time)
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

ToddG Guest
    Paul -- The manual safeties seem to be hit or miss. If you've got the tools & skill, it's supposed to be very simple to rework the safety detent to get a more positive "click" when engaging and disengaging the safety. I haven't worked on one yet, though, so that is just second hand info.

Any sight that is sold as being for the M&P will fit in the M&P dovetail slots. Some sights may need a little fitting (older Warrens often did, for example, though he recently made a change to his base dimensions after working directly with S&W) but I'd never mill the slide for something different. The rear sight keeps the striker block contained and I wouldn't recommend messing with that.

Feedback Score
    Thanks for the info Todd. I actually found a full size M&P 45 in stock locally today, and it had the manual safety, which is the first time this dealer has received one with the thumb safety.
    I would have bought it, but unfortunately, the lack of a solid lockup on the safety really turned me off. Not to mention that even if it did lock up tightly, it just didn't feel too comfortable. I guess I'm just too used to the more comfortable 1911 safeties to be comfortable with the M&P safety.
    Looks like I'll be going with NO thumb safety on my M&P.
    Now, if only I could find a dealer with good prices.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    Paul have you tried http://www.gandrtactical.com/
    he has great prices and service

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Honu View Post
    Paul have you tried http://www.gandrtactical.com/
    he has great prices and service
    +1 I would go with Grant.

Feedback Score
    Yes guys,
    If you see above in my posts, that was the first place I tried. I was hoping to order from Grant, but he has only 1 45 model, and it's not the model I'm after.
    He's got mostly 9's and 40cal's...
    Thanks.
    "ROLL RIGHT SNIPER!"

Feedback Score
    I somehow read over that twice heheeheheh

bummer hope you find it

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123