Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: A quick hello, and an Aimpoint question: M4s or T1...

Feedback Score
    17 (100%)
    If weight matters get the micro T1/H1.

If it's concern but doesn't matter that much get the M4S. I have 3 H1s, 1 T1, and 1 R1 and 1 M4S. On Monday I was shooting less than 1/2 MOA groups at 50yds off the bench and then hitting a 8" steel plate at 200yds 9 out of 10 times. using the M4S 2MOA dot.

Chief Armorer for Elite Shooting Sports in Manassas VA
    Chief Armorer for Corp Arms (FFL 07-08/SOT 02)

Feedback Score
    I was hoping you or USMC03 would chime in. Thanks.

Here's my deal: This is going to be my first carbine. I like to do a LOT of research before I buy, and after reading around here I decided to spend the money and get a top-quality gun, however now my head's knotted up about whether to SBR it or stay with a middy. In speaking with a good friend whose judgement I trust, it was suggested to me that if I was only going to have 1 AR (for a while at least) it would be better to stick with the middy and maybe build an SBR or pistol out of the lower I have in my safe.

I think that's decided now, and that means it'll most-likely be the m4 or m4s, if I can find one used or trade into one.

Btw, thanks to those of you who take the time to share your experiences and qualifications here on this board. It makes it much easier to have confidence in my purchases when I'm getting first-hand reviews from people who know what they're talking about.

J

Feedback Score
    What mount should one use with the Aimpoint Micro if they want an absolute co-witness on an AR-15? I tried the lower 1/3 co-witness thing with my EOTech and didn't care for it. For me, the lower the cheek weld (and the less the sight line/bore offset), the better.

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AggiePhil View Post
    What mount should one use with the Aimpoint Micro if they want an absolute co-witness on an AR-15? I tried the lower 1/3 co-witness thing with my EOTech and didn't care for it. For me, the lower the cheek weld (and the less the sight line/bore offset), the better.
    ADM that is the route I went.
    I wanted a lower mount because of my low cheek weld. I called LT and asked about the HK mount and about a absolute height LT mount that may come out in the future. The guy on the phone told me I "need" their tall mount even after I told him that I'd have to shoot with my cheek off the stock for that. I tried that with a EO and a riser. I would loose the reticule even with the huge reticule and window.

Well after being frustrated by being told at what I "needed", I ordered a ADM mount. I like it very much and have bought another ADM mount since.

From what I've seen, if you buy a standard mount and decide you want a higher one in the future you just need to buy the "adapter" for 20 or 30 bucks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12