Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: .223 updates and testing

Feedback Score
    Whats the story behind the brown tips? why where and to whom?
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jack-O View Post
    Whats the story behind the brown tips? why where and to whom?
    Jack, is that a Black Cocker in your avatar? I have one and he is the best dog I have ever had.

I was told they are using them for better barrier penetration while maintaining good terminal effects after going through barriers. I was also told that the terminal effects were guite good on this round. I have shot a few a distance and they hold their own to Mk262 within a few inches.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Hootiewho View Post
    Jack, is that a Black Cocker in your avatar? I have one and he is the best dog I have ever had.
    No, It's a skipperke/Pomeranian mix. Sounds goofy, but he's the best and smartest dog I've ever had. I woulda never thought a pom mix would be worth a shit, but this one's a winner for sure!!. He goes everywhere with me and it's getting so people recognize the dog before they recognize me Loves to hunt too
    My capacity for self deception is exceeded only by yours.

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Doc thanks for testing the Prvi load. Alot of us were curious to how it would perform and all we had was water jug testing to go on.

How consistent was the performance of the Prvi 75gr? How does it rate over all when compared to the other heavy OTMs?

Feedback Score
    Question: How much difference does a cannelure make on the heavy OTM rounds? Small difference? Lowered fragmentation threshold with respect to velocity?
    Last edited by BackBlast; 05-04-09 at 21:03.

Feedback Score
    For most of the OTM's, the cannelure does not effect wounding characteristics at all (ex. Mk262 vs. Mk262 Mod 1) and is present to prevent bullet set-back and improve functioning in semi-auto/full-auto fire.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567