Thread: Best 9MM Colt Commander Magazines?

mrj3 Guest

Best 9MM Colt Commander Magazines?

Any recomendations on 9mm commander mags appreciated.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mrj3 View Post
    Any recomendations on 9mm commander mags appreciated.
    Have not used them, but I hear good things about the new Wilson Elite series mags which has a single stack 9mm in the line up I believe.
    - Will

General Performance/Fitness Advice for all

www.BrinkZone.com

LE/Mil specific info:

https://brinkzone.com/category/swatleomilitary/

“Those who do not view armed self defense as a basic human right, ignore the mass graves of those who died on their knees at the hands of tyrants.”

Feedback Score
    "The 1911 was the design given by God to us through John M. Browning that represents the epitome of what a killing tool needs to be. It was true in 1911 and is true now."—Colonel Robert J. Coates, USMC

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    We’ve run a couple of 9mm 1911s with the Wilson Combat ETM magazines and thus far those magazines are working just as they should. The magazine has a plastic ‘spacer‘ that sits behind the follower inside the magazine tube and the follower rides in a track on either side of the tube provided by crimping the magazine for the smaller 9mm bullet. This seems to provide the correct placement of the bullet to help achieve uninterrupted feeding and lock-back once the magazine is empty.

One additional benefit I found is that the ‘spacer‘ at the back of the magazine can be removed and the magazines can be used for 9x23. This worked well in the testing I did and the follower showed no undue movement. This is not necessarily something the good folks at Wilson intended nor may want you to do but none the less it worked in my guns.
    Last edited by Jason Burton; 05-08-09 at 00:19.

Feedback Score
    My research indicates that the "Springfield" magazines with the built in feedramp in the front are good as well.

Feedback Score
    I've got a bunch of MEC-GAR, they're no great hell.