Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Are all AR parts out of stock everywhere?

Feedback Score

Are all AR parts out of stock everywhere?

I managed to get a S&W lower and now am trying to scrape up parts to finish a 16" carbine. I can't find anything anywhere. I am looking for a milspec extension and a lower completion kit. I figure I can wait a bit for an upper but want to get the lower done with a collapsing stock before they outlaw it. Any ideas where? I already got two ARs but as I saw the lower I thought why not build one more. Guess I can always keep it as a spare anyway.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by AR15AK47USER View Post
    I managed to get a S&W lower and now am trying to scrape up parts to finish a 16" carbine. I can't find anything anywhere. I am looking for a milspec extension and a lower completion kit. I figure I can wait a bit for an upper but want to get the lower done with a collapsing stock before they outlaw it. Any ideas where? I already got two ARs but as I saw the lower I thought why not build one more. Guess I can always keep it as a spare anyway.

PK Firearms has parts. I was able to get a RRA lower parts kit tonight for $70.00

It does seem that parts are becoming more available. You just have to keep looking.
    "Pick up a rifle and you change instantly from a subject to a citizen."--- Jeff Cooper

Feedback Score
    My biggest two problems with builds.

1. Parts are out there, you just end up sources from about 6 suppliers, and going back and forth trying to figure out who has the most parts to keep the shipping charges down.

2. As a look around for all the parts, I start to order more crap that I really don't need.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    I did mine in reverse. I got the stock and LPK. Then I went and bought a lower.

I wouldn't be in a big hurry to get that stock mounted. If legislation gets done, it won't matter... you'll be screwed either way.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by FromMyColdDeadHand View Post
    My biggest two problems with builds.

1. Parts are out there, you just end up sources from about 6 suppliers, and going back and forth trying to figure out who has the most parts to keep the shipping charges down.

2. As a look around for all the parts, I start to order more crap that I really don't need.
    My problem too. I can find stuff, I just don't really want to pay 8 dollars to have a castle nut shipped.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I agree with markm. If you are concerned with a ban then you shouldn't even be looking at stuff. If it happens, it will happen.

Try and find what you need at one place and save yourself money on the shipping.

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by au1776 View Post
    My problem too. I can find stuff, I just don't really want to pay 8 dollars to have a castle nut shipped.
    We're on the same page, I'm waiting for midway to have a few small items I need in stock before I pay the 7 for shipping on a couple springs and an ejection port door.

Slow is smooth. Smooth is fast. Fast is good.

Feedback Score
    Thanks all. Will check things out. Not sure PK had any Milspec stuff listed. Yeah, maybe I will just keep the lower in reserve.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    this might be an indication of the AR parts situation:

i had a 1911 frame waiting to get on a CNC machine for some checkering. four months later the machining center was done with the AR parts it was set up for, and my frame was recently finished.
    "you give peace a chance, I'll stay here and cover you, in case it doesn't work out"

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    Just order it all from Brownells and back order items out of stock. They will send it as they get it but will only charge shipping one time.
    "The peace we have within us is most often expressed in how we treat others"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast