Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Questions on Sig srt trigger

Feedback Score
    I should probably clarify my earlier post. I was wondering about how the reset itself compares.

I know that the initial trigger pull itself will be different. But, after that first pull of the trigger, how does the actual reset of the trigger compare between the Sig SRT and the Glock.

I hope that makes sense. I have been working a lot of overtime lately. So what makes sense to me, sometimes leaves people thinking .

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The SRT reset is very positive, quick and crisp. I prefer it to the Glock, but I dont shoot Glocks much at all

ToddG Guest
    The SRT has a noticeably shorter reset than a Glock. I've spoken with LE instructors who believe it is dangerously short, in fact.

The prototype version had such a short reset that we first thought the hammer was falling (doubling), even in dry fire. What was actually happening was that the fraction of an inch movement the trigger achieved by bouncing against the skin of the trigger finger was enough to reset it, causing the hammer to fall almost any time the slide cycled.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    The SRT has a noticeably shorter reset than a Glock. I've spoken with LE instructors who believe it is dangerously short, in fact.

The prototype version had such a short reset that we first thought the hammer was falling (doubling), even in dry fire. What was actually happening was that the fraction of an inch movement the trigger achieved by bouncing against the skin of the trigger finger was enough to reset it, causing the hammer to fall almost any time the slide cycled.

Thank You. That was the information that I was looking for.

When we switched from Glocks with the 8 pound triggers to the Glocks with the 5 1/2 pound triggers, I had trouble at first getting used to the lighter trigger pull and reset. I now like the lighter trigger pull.

I think I will stick to what I know and keep shooting Glocks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123