Thread: Difference in color with Magpul's OD and Foliage

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)

Difference in color with Magpul's OD and Foliage

I am changing the color on my 16" LMT to either OD or Foliage using Magpul's kit.

I was wondering if someone had both colors and could post some pics where I could see them side by side or point me in the direction of a post where this has been done before.

I have the XTM rail panels in OD but I can't find anything Foliage in this area.

Thanks in advance. I tried the search but came up with nothin'.
    Only hits count......you can not miss fast enough to catch up

"I'm just a one man army waging jihad against shitty ARs, one rifle at a time." Will Larson (IraqGunz) I miss you my friend

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    im def. confused about magpul colors. Some places dont even acknowledge that magpul makes stuff in OD green including Magpul itself from my understanding.

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    G&R tactical has the foliage green XTM panels in stock, I have another set coming next week. There's a photo of all my ARs on page 100 of the AR picture thread, when I get home I'll try to post it here. 2 are in Magpul OD, 1 is in foliage. It's not the best pic, but maybe it will give you an idea.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    i have some pics of OD and FG pmags side by side here:
    http://www.militarymorons.com/weapon...cess.html#pmag

the OD and FG pmags match the furniture as far as i've seen in the past.

Feedback Score

Photo credits to Stickman, in case it isn't already obvious.

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    At first glance it is like where's Waldo for sticks logo. The really easy version for the drunks
    "Intelligence is not the ability to regurgitate information. It is the ability to make sound decisions on a consistent basis "--me

"Just remember, when you are talking to the average person, you are talking to a television set"--RDJB

One Big Ass Mistake America

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    The OD is much darker than the Foliage Green. I just went to OD from FDE and have everything but can't find a stubby VFG in OD anywhere. One guy on ebay said he had a TD VFG in OD but when I got it, it was foliage green. So if I were gonna do it again I would have left everything in FDE, or gone FG.

Just my $0.02 cents. I'm gonna ened up with a black VFG or sending the black one in for a duracoat but I'm not sure how well that will hold over time.
    ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒE

Rest in Peace - Chuck Petrie

Feedback Score
    I like the foliage green. It seems more subdued to me. Right now I am building up a Spike's stripped lower utilizing dark earth. I think I may upgrade my Bushmaster though with some foliage green.

Feedback Score
    Foliage Green is the name of one of the ACU camo colors along with desert sand and urban grey. I don't know the magpul is meant to match it.
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Here is yet another picture, someone else was nice enough to list the colors out as I have no photoshop skills. The other image should give you an idea of what the Magpul colors are like when laid next to ACU.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB