Thread: Had an odd malfunction today.

Feedback Score

Had an odd malfunction today.

I had a rather odd malfunction today at the range. I was firing my G23 and had a FTF, what made it odd was that the unfired round was sticking straight up, nose up and was pinched between the slide and the chamber. This particular G23 was bought by me, used in 1994, and was rebuilt by Glock in 2007. I have never had an issues with it until early 2007 I had some FTE's. Took it to Glock and the tech replaced all the springs and the extractor, as well as replacing my magazines. Since the rebuild, I have not had an issue and have shot it regularly. When the malfunction happened I cleared it and finished firing the remaining rounds. Upon inspecting the round, the bullet looked to be set back slightly, but I did not notice this while loading the magazine. Any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Feedback Score
    Sounds like the source of the issue may be worn or damaged feed lips on that particular magazine.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by geminidglocker View Post
    Sounds like the source of the issue may be worn or damaged feed lips on that particular magazine.
    Thank you for the reply, I wondered if it was mag related, but it only happened once, and I fired maybe 100 or so more rounds using both of the magazines I brought.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Might be a weak spring too.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Heavy Metal View Post
    Might be a weak spring too.
    Mag or recoil?

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I ment mag but if you recoil spring has more than 5k on it, I would replace it too.

Feedback Score
    Anyone else have any idea of what happened? thank-you.