Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: MI Quad Rails?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SoDak View Post
    Continuing the MI rail thread(not worthy of a new topic), what are people's thoughts on the MI 17X(extended) handguard? I kind of like the idea of being able to mount stuff a little further ahead on the handguard and these rails might be the ticket.
    Its not a bad system, but I wish the rail forward of the sight tower was slightly longer. As it stands, you are unable to mount an X300 on it. I am able to place a VTAC light mount there though.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavePAL84 View Post
    Anyone have any experience with these?

I love their BUIS but have zero experience with their rail systems. Rainier sells them and I'm considering them but I have heard absolutely nothing about them. Any input is appreciated. Thanks.

Low cost, good value, a little wide, they work well.

I've dropped a few of the FF and a couple non-FF MI rails on weapons for guys on my department. No problems with any of them that I've ever heard of, and if there were, ti would have gotten back to me whenever we were shooting quals or I ran into them on a call.

Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Hey Stick,

Seeing as it's pictured in your photo above, what are you impressions of the MI Aimpoint mount? It's obviously not a QD mount, but solid?

-RD62

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    I've had two sets of the non free floated midlengths and they are great for the price. No issues at all with them. All of the MI gear I have had is well made, just a little more beefy than some of the other manfacturers. That said I switched to the DD Omega's and like the narrower profile.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I'm running with a MI Free Float rail on my 6920. It's a nice solid and well made rail at a reasonable price. I also like the way it looks compared to other more pricey alternatives.

I have rail ladders on the top and sides and a rail cover at the bottom. I like the way that works.

I would highly recommend it.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RD62 View Post
    Hey Stick,

Seeing as it's pictured in your photo above, what are you impressions of the MI Aimpoint mount? It's obviously not a QD mount, but solid?

-RD62

Very solid.
    Stick

Board policy mandates I state that I shoot for BCM. I have also done work for 200 or so manufacturers within the firearm community. I am prior service, a full time LEO, firearm instructor, armorer, TL, martial arts instructor, and all around good guy.

I also shoot and write for various publications. Let me know if you know cool secrets or have toys worthy of an article...

Flickr Tumblr Facebook Instagram RECOILMAGAZINE OFF GRID RECOIL WEB

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by DrBaker View Post
    I had one set.

PRO:
    locked up very tight
    reasonably priced
    easy installation

CON:
    huge diameter
    a bit heavy
    rough feel, like the YHM

Just my opinion, YMMV.

EXACTLY my thoughts. Saves me some typing. I had the carbine drop-ins.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12