Thread: AWC - not mentioned very often?

Feedback Score

AWC - not mentioned very often?

I have an AWC HRT 5.56mm suppressor i bought about 12 years ago. It seems like nobody mentions this brand anymore. Are the other brands so much better? I've been very impressed and happy with the performance of my suppressor, so i'm just curious about the perceived advantages.

Thanks.

Feedback Score
    I guess silence about suppressors is an ironic indicator. Anyway, if you have experience with AWC suppressors for ARs compared to other brands i'd love to read/hear about them.

Thanks!

Feedback Score
    I have an older 5.56 AWC rifle can, don't remember the model. Thread on. I got it for free. It has very unimpressive dished washers for baffles, and my ears ring if I don't wear earplugs when I shoot it. I'm in Phoenix, and I dropped by their place one day to see about an upgrade. For the low, low price of $750 or so, they said they'd upgrade it to the latest and greatest spec.

I'm still using my earplugs.

I'm not bashing them or anything, and I got it for free, so I have no complaints. In all fairness, it's an old model. Oh, and it's really heavy. From 5 feet away, it's very pleasant, though, and it does a pretty fair job at taming the beast.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    There's a lot of cheaper cans with higher performane out there.

I tried looking for something besides YHM or AAC for my second 5.56 silencer. I wanted to diversify a little bit.

But I would have ended up paying WAY more money for WAY LESS can if I went with an AWC or SWR at the time.