Thread: Glock recall

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Feedback Score

Glock recall

Regarding the E-frame Glock recall.

What serial numbers are affected by this recall? Is there an official notice on this frame issue from Glock Inc.? Will the gun come with a matching serial number or will this result in a mis-matched firearm? Thanks to those in the know.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    From what I remember.....most, but not all, the Glock models with a serial number starting with E (thats three letters and three numbers, NOT older ones with just 2 letters and 3 numbers) were affected. They started doing something different with the frame rails and it was causing them to crack and seperate I believe.
    If you call them with your serial number they will tell you if its affected. If it is and you send it in they will replace the frame with a new one and the serial number will be the same but a 1 will be added to it, can't remember if its a suffix or prefix.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

Feedback Score
    Here is the blurb that was floating around the net:

The GLOCK Corporation has identified an issue with a very small percentage of GLOCK pistols produced between September of 2001 and May of 2002. The specific issue that has been identified is the potential of breaking a rear frame rail in pistols manufactured during this time period. Within the specific range the breakage rate has been less than 0.0188%. So, while the actual percentage of rails reported broken is within any accepted manufacturing tolerance, it is not an acceptable situation to the GLOCK Corporation. It is also important to note that under most conditions GLOCK pistols will continue to function with three rails. A routine maintenance check after each time the pistol has been taken out and used would immediately indicate if there is a problem.

We are, therefore, concerned that a limited number of customers will not get the product we have promised them and what we have always delivered, the very best pistol on the market, in short, a GLOCK.

For these reasons, we have made the decision that in the interest of customer service, replacement frames will be offered to anyone who has a firearm in this range and decides to take advantage of this offer. The replacement frames will have identical serial numbers to our customer's original firearm except the numeral 1 will be added as a prefix. If you believe your firearm is within this range, please call 1-866-225-4098 to take advantage of the ultimate in customer service.

Nothing less than the best for our customers is acceptable to GLOCK and, as always, we will continue to work towards Perfection.

Feedback Score

Thumbs up "E" frame Glock 21

In 2007 I purchased a used Glock 21. I checked the serial number and found that it was one of the an E series that Glock had had a problems with. I called Glock and they was very nice about it. The customer sevice rep said they would have to order a new frame from Austria. After sending it in, I had it back in 6 week. The gun was completely new except for the slide and barrel. I couldn't be happier.

Feedback Score
    14 (100%)
    Tag for my E series G27.

Feedback Score
    The 1 was added to the beginning of the serial number on the replacement frames. When I had a frame replaced, Glock lost evidence of the returned defective frame and sent me an invoice for 70.00, the wholesale price, at that time, of a frame. When I provided them with the tracking number and proof of delivery, they credited our account. Very nice folks to deal with.
    Last edited by uranus; 02-16-09 at 21:38.

Feedback Score
    Does Glock cover the shipping to and from? Thanks.