Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: drop safe question

Feedback Score
    OK, I've got a few more questions.

As I understand things, my LMT lower should be about as good to go as I'm going to get without joining the Armed Forces. Considering the low esteem many hold for the Bushmaster, I'll assume the same opinion does not apply to my Bushy.

Once my BCM upper comes in, I may sell off my Bushy, as I could use the money, but I have not made up my mind. If I decide to keep it, would I be better off replacing the FCG with a "better" one? Perhaps getting Grant's LPK and swapping out everything?

Replacing stock Bushmaster parts with better parts may never be a bad idea, but I am asking strictly on the basis of improving safety. Improving reliability and durability are valid points, but not directly related to this thread.

Another question...military ammo has been mentioned as being less prone to going off unintentionally. Hard primers perhaps being the reason. My ammo is almost all Black Hills non-military .223, with some Hornady .223 in the mix. Anything I should be concerned about?

Feedback Score
    28 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by moonshot View Post
    Once my BCM upper comes in, I may sell off my Bushy, as I could use the money, but I have not made up my mind. If I decide to keep it, would I be better off replacing the FCG with a "better" one? Perhaps getting Grant's LPK and swapping out everything?
    I would not want to lose a lower in the current political situation. Further, I would not lose sleep over the BM FCG. Sure, it's good to have a spare LKP in the event that you break something, and I would prefer to have a good spare kit than a bad one, or none at all.

Bear in mind that BMs have been carried for some time by a whole lot of PMCs in the box, as well as a whole lot of cops and average earth-people in the US- how many reports are there of dropped guns firing?

My ammo is almost all Black Hills non-military .223, with some Hornady .223 in the mix. Anything I should be concerned about?
    I'm not. Just be smart about it- don't keep chambering the same round. If it has been chambered, rotate it to the bottom of the mag and rotate the ammo to the training box once the whole mag has been chambered.
    Jack Leuba
    Director of Sales
    Knight's Armament Company
    jleuba@knightarmco.com

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123