Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Win Ranger Bonded 9 mm and .40

Feedback Score
    The more tests I see, the more I'm thinking about going back to standard Ranger Talons and Federal HST.

Feedback Score
    So what is this new PDX1 ammo. Is it as good as the best LE ammo? Same bullet? Same speed? Sealed primers?

Feedback Score
    According to Winchester, PDX1 is the same round that you see tested on this page. In other words, the same as the "revised" Ranger Bonded that was adopted by the FBI. I would want to see more testing before using it, given the troubling performance that the .40 shows in Doc's denim test posted above.
    Last edited by Jim from Houston; 05-16-09 at 12:38.

Feedback Score
    Which is better overall from a Glock 19 - their 124 grain +P or their 147 grain? I am hoping the 147 as it has the additional benefit of being subsonic for sound suppressors.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BuckskinJoe View Post
    I spoke with Paul Novak, Sr. Tech. Spc. at the Winchester plant in East Alton, IL, via telephone, right after he returned from the Shot Show. He told me, very specifically, that Q4355 and current RA40B are exactly the same ammunition, with the Q4355 designation being used for Winchester's Federal Government contracts. If that is not correct, then Mr. Novak misinformed me.

I did not ask, and he did not speak to Q4364 vs. RA9B.
    It's Paul Nowak... not Novak... (Novak makes sights)...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock17JHP View Post
    It's Paul Nowak... not Novak... (Novak makes sights)...
    Thank you for the correction! I read that and thought there was something fishy going on.

Joe Mamma
    "Reliability above all else"
    NRA Certified Pistol and Rifle Instructor, Life Member
    Glock Certified Armorer
    Beretta & Sig Sauer Certified Pistol Armorer
    Colt Certified 1911 & AR-15/M16/M4 Law Enforcement Armorer

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by rsilvers View Post
    Which is better overall from a Glock 19 - their 124 grain +P or their 147 grain? I am hoping the 147 as it has the additional benefit of being subsonic for sound suppressors.
    I would go with the 147 grain... and would choose the Ranger 'T' RA9T load...
    After that, I would choose the Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST, also in 147 grain...

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Marcus L. View Post
    The more tests I see, the more I'm thinking about going back to standard Ranger Talons and Federal HST.
    Agree, Marcus!!! I never left them...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 05-20-09 at 13:24.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Glock17JHP View Post
    I would go with the 147 grain... and would choose the Ranger 'T' RA9T load...
    After that, I would choose the Speer Gold Dot or Federal HST, also in 147 grain...
    Huge +1 on the NON-bonded 147gr Ranger T (RA9T)...and there's less to worry about with that one than the other T-series since it's design has not been modified like the rest of the T-series line-up.

I've seen multiple tests of the RA9T, different lots, tested by different people, over a course of years and the results have always been nearly identical (and impressive). That's the sort of consistency I want in a defensive round...

Feedback Score
    Agree 100%, Jim... consistency over the years!!!

I was told by a Winchester LE rep that the RA9T was the ONLY Ranger load left alone in the recent re-design...
    The reason given for leaving it 'as is' was that it was considered optimal already...
    Last edited by Glock17JHP; 05-20-09 at 15:15.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast