Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Boresight Solutions G19

Feedback Score
    ben,
    if chris does send you the gun for a rebuild you should post befor and after photos.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Ben,

I'm curious but is it possible to give a G17 or G19 a grip reduction so that the grip is very close to an M&P9 with the small backstrap installed?

I have all three of those pistols and ever since I got my M&P9 I've been thinking of getting some grip work on my G17 and G19 but I just wasn't sure if anyone could get them to feel as small as the M&P.

Feedback Score
    Yojimbo...

I've seen Ben do some crazy things to polymer guns. Some of them you wouldn't believe.

Your best bet is to check his site for the contact number and give him a call, though, as he spends a lot of time actually working on the guns. If you call, though, he'll be glad to talk to you and discuss whether or not he can bring your ideas to life.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    ben,
    if chris does send you the gun for a rebuild you should post befor and after photos.
    I'd be happy to post the before and after photos. I've restored quite a few guns that were either DIY-job that went south or hack-jobs done by other shops. I'll see if I can find some pics of a G19 I restored recently...it wasn't a pretty sight when I got it.

Feedback Score
    Ben,
    thanx

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Yojimbo View Post
    Ben,

I'm curious but is it possible to give a G17 or G19 a grip reduction so that the grip is very close to an M&P9 with the small backstrap installed?

I have all three of those pistols and ever since I got my M&P9 I've been thinking of getting some grip work on my G17 and G19 but I just wasn't sure if anyone could get them to feel as small as the M&P.
    It's hard to describe what I can do in terms of how it relates to other guns. It'd be best for us to discuss it and bounce ideas around. I'll PM you my phone #, as I don't think I'm allowed to post it here.

Feedback Score
    Here's pics of a G19 I restored not long ago. Ironically, this is not the first time I've restored grip jobs done by the shop who did this...

Sorry for the crappy pics. Taken with two different cameras, the first being an old POS because that's all I could find in my haste to get started unf#cking this gun. The crappy camera actually hides how awful this gun really looked...deep grind marks, uneven edge lines, sloppy stippling, ragged plastic, etc.

Before:

After:

Feedback Score
    also, the AFTER pics were taken before I was 100% finished. I polished up the inside of the magwell a bit more, so it looks better than it does in the pics.

Feedback Score
    wow, great job. might be sending you one of mine soon.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Detmongo View Post
    wow, great job. might be sending you one of mine soon.
    for restoration?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast