Thread: Bushmaster Carbon15 .22LR

Feedback Score

Bushmaster Carbon15 .22LR

I just picked up a new Busmaster Carbon15 .22LR for $480. I don't really like the buttstock, but for that price I couldn't say no. It is pretty cool and cost me not much more that a dedicated upper. I have not found very many posts on this rifle and would like some feedback. It only came w/ 1-10rd mag; I ordered a couple more from Bushmaster. I have heard that the high capacity Blackdog mags work with the rifle.

Feedback Score
    The website says 8 round mag. Are these compantable with Ceiner pattern mags?

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    I had just the upper and the mags sucked. They had a remington 597 mag inside a plastic shell. The thing never worked right.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Feedback Score
    My rifle had sat in a local dealer's shop for quite a while (over a year), which is why he sold it to me at dealer cost. My dealer said that the reason that it sat so long on the shelf was that most guys didn't like the like the small capacity mags. This was not a big problem for me w/ a rimfire plinking/hunting/training weapon for my 10 year old son (& Dad). I'm going to pick up and modify a couple of the high capacity Blackdog mags to use with the rifle.

The catalog that came w/ my rifle (2006) showed that it came w/ 10 rd mags. However a 2007 catalog that I have shows that it came w/ a 8 rd mag. My 1st guess would be the change was made to be able to sell the gun in our magazine restricted states. However, maybe it was a improved design.

Does anyone know the reason for the change?
    Last edited by Iceberg; 02-19-09 at 06:45.