Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Glock 20 advice

Feedback Score
    I'll say this:

The SF frame is GREAT...ESPECIALLY if you have smaller hands. The 21sf I just sold was a beauty to shoot, and it felt great after having Ben @ Boresight Solutions work on it. I've not spent much time with the 10mm round, but I AM a proponent of Glocks, and I think they're moving in the right direction with the short framed pistols. I don't think you can go wrong with a 20sf.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    glock 10mm's are awesome.
    the G20 is super easy to shoot. if you like glocks you'll be right at home with it.
    the G29 manages recoil surprisngly well.
    the round is roughly equivalent to a 357 mag. certainly a fine woods gun.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    Didn't he, on video, empty a mag from a G20 into a Cape Buffalo while bow hunting in Africa?

Quote Originally Posted by automan View Post
    Y...he donated the meat to the nearby village.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave L. View Post
    He wounded a Cape Buffalo with his bow and they tracked it just over 2 miles IIRC...

Always the showman. What a great excuse to kill something just for the hell of it.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Medicine Calf View Post
    Always the showman. What a great excuse to kill something just for the hell of it.
    If the animal fed people, it wasn't "just for the hell of it." If you eat meat- or anything that used to have a heart, or own anything made from leather you've been at the receiving end of an animal's death. What is your point?
    Back to the original question, I'd want something more than 10mm if bear were involved. JMO.
    Last edited by Hellfire; 02-21-09 at 18:15.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    I had a G20 for a while. I have to agree with an earlier poster who said that it isn't a 44 Mag.

Except for maybe the Winchester 175gr Silvertip, the big brand name ammo is not all that hot. You are better off with a .45 ACP. Double Tap and Buffalo Bore make decent full-power 10mm ammo if you dont reload.

But if you are really concerned with stopping bad tough critters with only a handgun, why not get a good 41 or 44 magnum? They say that a 10mm can approach .41 magnum levels, but a 41 magnum in a good revolver can be safely loaded much hotter than a 10mm.

Also, if you reload, you'll find that a magnum revolver to be a lot easier on your brass than a stock Glock barrel. The revolvers have full chamber support and they don't fling the brass all over the woods.

I traded my G20 in on a S&W 629 .44mag revolver and I'm a lot happier.
    “We didn't love freedom enough. And even more - we had no awareness of the real situation... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Feedback Score
    If bear were on the potential agenda, I'd go .454 Casull. The Ruger Alaskan is nice piece.

Feedback Score
    A friend of mine who lives on the eastern slopes (quite a few black bear "neighbors") has both a G20 and a G29. He shoots Double Tap ammo through it and loves this set. I was impressed how easy it was to shoot "hot" ammo accurately the first time I tried these pistols.
    They are a little bit on the wide side for CCW, but I would trust one as back-up in the woods.

Feedback Score
    Thank yall for your help
    JOHN 3:16

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12