Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Beretta with standard frame/Vertec G slide

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

New Beretta with standard frame/Vertec G slide

I stopped in my local dealer's store and they had a new Beretta 96 I haven't seen before, something new. It was labeled as a two tone.

Standard 96 frame in Bruniton (angled dust cover and radiused backstrap)
    Vertec G slide in Bruniton (marked Vertec with dovetailed sights front and rear)
    Elite II stainless barrel

I really like it but don't want the 40 cal. He said "she" (the distributor) had them in 9mm also and he called her back to order me one.
    I really liked the looks of this pistol and it was a G model which I prefer.

Anyone seen these or know the story behind them? I'm guessing Beretta is using up some old parts.
    Last edited by cathellsk; 02-20-09 at 20:14.
    "When you go home, Tell them of us and say, For your tomorrow, We gave our today."

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by cathellsk View Post
    I'm guessing Beretta is using up some old parts.
    That would be my guess, as well. If they've got 92G Vertec slides lying around, I may need to make a phone call and get a couple of those.

Ernest Langdon & I are working on a proposal to Beretta to build a next-generation Elite pistol that is similar in concept, but on the M9A1 frame.

Feedback Score
    25 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ToddG View Post
    That would be my guess, as well. If they've got 92G Vertec slides lying around, I may need to make a phone call and get a couple of those.

Ernest Langdon & I are working on a proposal to Beretta to build a next-generation Elite pistol that is similar in concept, but on the M9A1 frame.
    I'd buy one of those, with a quickness.

Feedback Score
    Count me in too

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Sounds interesting. Keep us posted.

Feedback Score

Since I have been using the M9A1 for a while now, it would be hard to replace. But,,,,,,this proposed new Elite would be a must have if it comes around.
    Please let us know.

ToddG Guest
    EL actually cobbled one together himself, I got to handle it today. Of course, having an LTT Speedbump trigger and Ernest Langdon action job helped a bit. It's sweet. Hopefully we'll get in to see Beretta in March and they'll feel the same way.

Feedback Score
    EL actually cobbled one together himself, I got to handle it today. Of course, having an LTT Speedbump trigger and Ernest Langdon action job helped a bit. It's sweet. Hopefully we'll get in to see Beretta in March and they'll feel the same way.
    Is Ernie still with S&W?

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Is Ernie still with S&W?

No, found out at the SHOT show that he is doing something different.

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by rubberneck View Post
    Is Ernie still with S&W?
    As of January, Ernest is now the Director of Military Sales for Recon Robotics.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast