Thread: Pinning a Collapsible stock

Feedback Score

Smile Pinning a Collapsible stock

Hi new to the forums here. I have a magpul m93 stock for my m4, because I live in the wonderful state of CT we have to have the stocks blind pinned in one spot. Does anyone know how to do this in detail, spacifically with the m93 stock and in a way that the pin can be removed at a later date without destroying the stock when I move to NH in the future.
    Thanks
    Last edited by shooter21; 02-20-09 at 22:52.

Feedback Score
    10 (100%)
    Might want to contact John or Jody at http://www.jojosgunworks.com/

They do this all the time, their prices are reasonable & turn arround is good!

It's not all that difficult with a drill press & a roll pin

Feedback Score

Pinning a Collapsible stock

Thanks for the info. I know of jody in southington. they are great guys. The only issue I have is that they will make the pinning perminent and if you try to remove the pin later the stock will be no good after. so I wanted to try somthing a little less damaging and not so perminent.
    Last edited by shooter21; 02-21-09 at 18:58.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    you could pick up an A2 fixed stock to comply with the law and keep your current stock off the rifle until you move perhaps.
    ===========================================================
    Alcohol, Tobacco And Firearms Should Be A Convenience Store, NOT A Gov't Agency.

Feedback Score
    I took a look at the CT assault weapon ban and one of the features listed is a telescoping or folding stock. It doesn't mention extended or closed, just telescoping. So the way I read it, the stock could be pinned anywhere from closed to full open. Correct? Just can't be adjustable. I don't see any minimum required length. A FN FS2000 is shorter that an CAR15 with a 16" barrel.
    Last edited by csxcobra; 02-22-09 at 21:17.

Feedback Score
    Since your stock has to be non-collapsible, why not just get a nice A1 or A2 stock and use it for now. Later on when you move to another state that allows a 'movable' stock, sell your standard stock and move on!!!

Just a suggestion.

Feedback Score
    Another vote for installing a cheap A1 stock. Then put the M93 back on after the move.
    Cold Zero

Feedback Score
    You may actually like the A1 stock better. I found an A1 stock to have a nice balance on a short upper.

Feedback Score
    Just explain to John what you are trying to acheive and they will most likely help you out. They are great guys and have received a lot of my and my friends business.

Where about in CT are you. There is a guy just over the MA border that does pin jobs that isnt perm and wont destroy the stock.

-DM-