Page 179 of 408 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast
Results 1,781 to 1,790 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Tzed250 View Post
    It's the same at most stores that sell items that take a great deal of experience and expertise to master. Motorcycle shop, gun store, saw shop. You'll find the same clueless jerks behind the counter at most any of them.
    It’s not just the uninformed at your friendly LGS. A couple of hours ago I received an email from Brownell’s which reads in pertinent part:

Save Over 15% on DPMS AR-15 Complete Receiver Parts Kit
    The easiest way to stock and sell genuine, mil-spec AR-15 parts, or use to assemble rifles on your receivers. Much lower in total cost than buying the parts one at a time. All kits listed contain only new, current-production, genuine, mil-spec parts; never pull-offs or direct-exchange surplus.

Since when is DPMS making mil-spec parts?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    The same thing being young and educated does - I'm an "outsider" to their clique and thus not deserving of any special treatment, you know, like being able to buy stuff at their store.
    I'm on the other side of the counter, but I'm like you: Clean shaven, young, educated, in good shape, and I get treated like crap by a lot of customers because I don't look like Duck Dynasty and smell like an armpit covered in cigarette ashes.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SeriousStudent View Post
    "Son, I'm in the business of selling cars, not indulging people in a showroom." Oh, and can you guess how much I HATE being called "son" by anyone other than my father?
    Being called "son" makes me irrationally angry. It actually doesn't happen a whole lot, which surprises me considering I look like I'm a 16 yr old high school student and I'm a minority living in the South.

There's a gun store in Henderson (south Las Vegas), NV that has an owner just as bad as what Eurodriver describes. He believes that Bushmaster, Condor, and Gemtech make the best ARs, tactical gear, and silencers. I shopped there and he made me feel like I was not only unwelcome, but that I was wasting his time looking through his stuff. What's worse is that I'm close with one of his employees and he even knew that. I heard he threw out NV's Battle Comp rep for no real reason other than something like "if he wanted products, he'd order them." I know the (now former) BC rep, who is very professional and quite knowledgable on the subject matter. There's no reason to treat anyone like that, and it's not like BCs are snake oil.

Basically, I'd never shop there again.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    The same thing being young and educated does - I'm an "outsider" to their clique and thus not deserving of any special treatment, you know, like being able to buy stuff at their store.
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    I'm on the other side of the counter, but I'm like you: Clean shaven, young, educated, in good shape, and I get treated like crap by a lot of customers because I don't look like Duck Dynasty and smell like an armpit covered in cigarette ashes.
    … which causes me to wonder why so many gun guys speak like hicks, write like seventh-grade dropouts, or just don’t know that the &^#* they’re talking about. I can’t count the number of “Belgium” Brownings I’ve seen for sale at gun shows … the number of times I’ve heard cartridges being referred to as bullets … the number of times I’ve seen someone handed a firearm and immediately put his finger on the trigger (it’s always a man) … the number of times … well, you get the point.

Is it any wonder Mrs. Soccer Mom thinks we're all little Attilas? Apart from the nasty, horrible things we like to play with, we are portrayed as being ignorant, stupid, uncouth, and smelly, and the sad thing is, many of us are exactly that. Our public image stinks, and it’s our own fault. Shows like ‘Sons of Guns’ and ‘Duck Dynasty” serve only to perpetuate that image.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    Being called "son" makes me irrationally angry. It actually doesn't happen a whole lot, which surprises me considering I look like I'm a 16 yr old high school student and I'm a minority living in the South.

There's a gun store in Henderson (south Las Vegas), NV that has an owner just as bad as what Eurodriver describes. He believes that Bushmaster, Condor, and Gemtech make the best ARs, tactical gear, and silencers. I shopped there and he made me feel like I was not only unwelcome, but that I was wasting his time looking through his stuff. What's worse is that I'm close with one of his employees and he even knew that. I heard he threw out NV's Battle Comp rep for no real reason other than something like "if he wanted products, he'd order them." I know the (now former) BC rep, who is very professional and quite knowledgable on the subject matter. There's no reason to treat anyone like that, and it's not like BCs are snake oil.

Basically, I'd never shop there again.
    You just gave me flashbacks, Koshinn.

When living in Hawaii for several years I decided to jump through hoops and purchase a firearm there. Applied for my permit and walked into a gun shop...biggest mistake of my life.

I was not doing *anything* other than browsing holsters on his wall. The guy literally said "Hey dumbass! It's a f*cking holster, you idiot. Why are you finger ****ing it? FUNCTION FOLLOWS FORM" and kicked me out of his store. This is not an exaggeration and his "function follows form" statement was screamed so loudly that he was spitting out of his mouth. Dude is a grade-A ****ing nutcase.

About the only nice thing I can say about him is that he spends considerable time and money countering the liberal anti-gun agenda in the Hawaiian state legislature and he's big on the "Chart" for AR15s.

You guys can check him out. I wonder if he's a member here.

http://www.kaneohegs.com/ is his website

http://www.kaneohegs.com/MusingsandO...AndExperiences is a wonderful little gem.

Deep down, I think his logic is sound and he makes good points on certain things. But he's got a ****ing screw loose. Just to make a point, when I registered my lower receiver a few months later at the police station, someone was registering a handgun they bought from him and the guys working the desk said "Haha, you made it out of Kaneohe Gun Shop alive? We're just waiting for that dude to lose it one day"
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-03-13 at 15:02.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by exkc135driver View Post
    … which causes me to wonder why so many gun guys speak like hicks,
    The same way urban culture has their wannabe gangsta white boys, the rednecks have their wannabes. We get guys in all the time who talk like Larry the Cable Guy. No joke; they talk with a very obvious fake accent that's usually a mix of general Southern, Pittsburgh, Appalachia, and Cajun, as though sounding like trailer trash gives them some extra credibility in a gun store.

write like seventh-grade dropouts, or just don’t know that the &^#* they’re talking about. I can’t count the number of “Belgium” Brownings I’ve seen for sale at gun shows … the number of times I’ve heard cartridges being referred to as bullets … the number of times I’ve seen someone handed a firearm and immediately put his finger on the trigger (it’s always a man) … the number of times … well, you get the point.
    Ehh, I forgive calling cartridges "bullets" or magazines "clips". It's colloquial, and we generally know what someone means when they refer to a "5.56 bullet" or a "30 round clip". It's best not to do in formal discussion with anti-gun people though.

Is it any wonder Mrs. Soccer Mom thinks we're all little Attilas? Apart from the nasty, horrible things we like to play with, we are portrayed as being ignorant, stupid, uncouth, and smelly, and the sad thing is, many of us are exactly that. Our public image stinks, and it’s our own fault. Shows like ‘Sons of Guns’ and ‘Duck Dynasty” serve only to perpetuate that image.
    The best argument against the 2nd Amendment is your average gun enthusiast. Being presentable doesn't mean turning in your man card and going metrosexual. Seriously. A lot of these people need to take a shower, clean their clothes, learn to friggin' speak properly, and for God's sake, get someone up to date on technology. If you're 90 and near time to meet God, I can understand, but if you're 60 or younger, you have no excuse whatsoever not to learn how to at least type. I'm not filling out your 4473 on the computer for you (which is the only way our store does it) because you're too stubborn to get with the 21st Century.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Deep down, I think his logic is sound and he makes good points on certain things. But he's got a ****ing screw loose. Just to make a point, when I registered my lower receiver a few months later at the police station, someone was registering a handgun they bought from him and the guys working the desk said "Haha, you made it out of Kaneohe Gun Shop alive? We're just waiting for that dude to lose it one day"
    That dude is not ok in the head.
    Crossing the Noobicon

Feedback Score
    104 (100%)
    I was in a store a few days ago when I overheard a guy asking about how to purchase a full auto M16/M4. The person behind the counter (who is part owner) told the guy you can only buy machine guns if you are a dealer. So you have to get your FFL first, and then apply for a permit (WTF?). Then he proceeds to show him a Windham Weaponry carbine which he explains is the "closest thing to a Colt military issue carbine but much better". Of course they only wanted 1300.00 dollars for it.

Then I see surplus aluminum magazines (heavily used) for 12.99 each!

Owner/Instructor at Semper Paratus Arms

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/SemperParatusArms/

Semper Paratus Arms AR15 Armorer Course http://www.semperparatusarms.com/cou...-registration/

M4C Misc. Training and Course Announcements- http://www.m4carbine.net/forumdisplay.php?f=141

Master Armorer/R&D at SIONICS Weapon Systems- http://sionicsweaponsystems.com

Feedback Score
    Haven't been in the store in while, but I walked in on a screaming match between a customer, and a guy behind the counter.

They were arguing about weather or not the Navy SEALS were issued Mk. 25 pistols, or Beretta M9s.

Full on yelling at eachother, and in between fits of screaming, the guy behind the counter was trying to sell me things, and be uber professional about it.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I was in a store a few days ago when I overheard a guy asking about how to purchase a full auto M16/M4. The person behind the counter (who is part owner) told the guy you can only buy machine guns if you are a dealer. So you have to get your FFL first, and then apply for a permit (WTF?). Then he proceeds to show him a Windham Weaponry carbine which he explains is the "closest thing to a Colt military issue carbine but much better". Of course they only wanted 1300.00 dollars for it.

Then I see surplus aluminum magazines (heavily used) for 12.99 each!
    That's Rich!

Page 179 of 408 FirstFirst ... 79129169177178179180181189229279 ... LastLast