Page 63 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    41 (98%)
    Quote Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper View Post
    With all these stories I have yet to meet a "Gun shop" guy has any real experience with firearms.

Sure, they know how to hunt Deer and Turkey, but ask them a question about anythint elsee and they just make shit up, or repeat what some COP some told them during their donut visit.

I hate gun stores. Im jealous of the guys that live close to stores that actually know what they are talking about, and have quality stuff on hand.

I have one decent place close by but they dont have much of a selection, and they are on the high side price wise. My ratio of gun store to online spending is probably 20:1.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by 82ndtrooper View Post
    With all these stories I have yet to meet a "Gun shop" guy has any real experience with firearms.

Sure, they know how to hunt Deer and Turkey, but ask them a question about anythint elsee and they just make shit up, or repeat what some COP some told them during their donut visit.
    if ure around whitemarsh in md sometime swing by and visit Dan at gunconnection. Best customer service i've ever had at any store gun or not. Extremely knowledgeable and gives back to the community frequently.
    MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER: ask me about my empty holster.
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    This is why I don't shop at Bass Pro. I was at the Arundel Mills store a few years ago and was looking for .357 SIG ammo. Seeing none on the shelf, I asked the guy at the gun counter. I was told "We're a family oriented store, and we don't stock calibers like that".

I left the store and have not returned.

Experiences like yours below are the reason I'd rather get a root canal than visit a gun store these days......

Quote Originally Posted by smokey0118 View Post
    i work at bass pro shops...soo needless to say i'm surrounded by idiots in front of and behind the counter that know nothing about guns. some favorites that spring readily to mind are...

dumbass arundel mills customer- "Yo man, you got that 12 cachunkachunk?!"..."how bout nine millimoe?"

Customer- "i'm looking for a semi-auto handgun under $600 i can use for home defense, but i'm also just starting out so i'd like it to be fairly cheap to shoot"
    basspro worker- "Here's a Smith and Wesson 1911, that should fit the bill"
    me-"Umm, you probably want to rent a few polymer 9mm's to see what fits you the best out of fnp's, glocks, xd's, m&p's, cz-75's...basically most things but taurus. While you're there a beginner's course for $50 can help you narrow down what works best for you"
    basspro worker- "9mm?! ha! he said he wants it for home defense(turns to customer) 9mm just pass right through without doing any damage, you'll have to hit them 20 or so times.... now a .45....if you shoot someone with a 45, they will literally be knocked about 5 feet back so that if it doesn't kill them, it will at least stop them from charging at you"
    me-"...that's painfully not true, look into that beginners class and renting some guns to try that aren't $700 more than you said you wanted to spend"
    customer- "i dunno, i guess i should go with that 1911. i want something that will knock them back"
    me-*facepalm*

while i'm showing a customer a xtrema II another one walks up and asks if we stock any ar's...i tell him nope, sorry and he walks away....
    customer with the xtrema II-"geesh, can you believe he wants one of those babykillers? he's probably trying to get it to rob a bank or something. they need to make those illegal, i can't really think of any use for them"
    me-"hunting, competitive shooting, home defense, pretty paperweight, investment against fiat currency...." also, if you're against an ar for being deadly then how come semi-auto shotguns are fine?
    customer-"oh, please. those guns are for one thing...killing....not like shotguns at all. when was the last time you saw armies trampling off carrying shotguns?"
    me-*facepalm*
    Last edited by GermanSynergy; 02-04-10 at 06:58.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    I'll have to check him out. Right now there is only one FFL I deal with in Maryland.

if ure around whitemarsh in md sometime swing by and visit Dan at gunconnection. Best customer service i've ever had at any store gun or not. Extremely knowledgeable and gives back to the community frequently.

Feedback Score
    I see people do things, and I question my sanity and reasoning. At the gun stores indoor range, more than one person is shooting a Shoot-n-see, with a handgun, at 7 yards? Well lit range, I can see my shots at 15 yrds. If you really can't see bullet holes at 7 yards, maybe your vision isn't good enough to handle a gun?
    The Second Amendment ACKNOWLEDGES our right to own and bear arms that are in common use that can be used for lawful purposes. The arms can be restricted ONLY if subject to historical analogue from the founding era or is dangerous (unsafe) AND unusual.

It's that simple.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by GermanSynergy View Post
    This is why I don't shop at Bass Pro. I was at the Arundel Mills store a few years ago and was looking for .357 SIG ammo. Seeing none on the shelf, I asked the guy at the gun counter. I was told "We're a family oriented store, and we don't stock calibers like that".

I left the store and have not returned.

Experiences like yours below are the reason I'd rather get a root canal than visit a gun store these days......
    hahahaha yeahh, that belongs in this thread. we DO carry various .357 sig cartridges. It IS a fudd store though. johnny morris has some stick up his ass about black rifles and won't let us order any in. we tried ordering in 2 r-15's and got bitched out by upper management. we just recently were able to win the fight with them to get reloading stuff back in.
    MSI EXECUTIVE MEMBER: ask me about my empty holster.
    http://www.marylandshallissue.org/

"The rifle is a weapon. Let there be no mistake about that. It is a tool of power, and thus dependent completely upon the moral stature of its user. It is equally useful in securing meat for the table, destroying group enemies on the battlefield, and resisting tyranny. In fact, it is the only means of resisting tyranny, since a citizenry armed with rifles simply cannot be tyrannized."

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jeffrey View Post
    "Rock River is the best AR you can buy. Why do you think the DEA, CIA, FBI and everyone else uses them?"

I heard that as I was taking one apart. I was sure to point out the piss poor carrier key staking while I had the BCG in my hand.

My RRA has perfect/correct staking.

Feedback Score
    54 (100%)
    hahahaha yeahh, that belongs in this thread. we DO carry various .357 sig cartridges. It IS a fudd store though. johnny morris has some stick up his ass about black rifles and won't let us order any in. we tried ordering in 2 r-15's and got bitched out by upper management. we just recently were able to win the fight with them to get reloading stuff back in.
    What was the issue with reloading stuff? Did it upset the Fudd Order?

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4FAN View Post
    This would be a rare occurrence. Factory applied? Can you post a pic, please?
    2012 National Zumba Endurance Champion
    الدهون القاع الفتيات لك جعل العالم هزاز جولة الذهاب

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by N4FAN View Post
    I have never seen an RRA with proper staking. In fact I have had to re stake my friends RRA with my MOAKS tool.
    Pat
    Serving as a LEO since 1999.
    USPSA# A56876 A Class
    Firearms Instructor
    Armorer for AR15, 1911, Glocks and Remington 870 shotguns.

Page 63 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast