Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tesla Cyber Truck

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

Tesla Cyber Truck

I didn’t see a tread about the truck here.

I got talking about this with a buddy, seeing how people are supposing that this is a prototype for a Mars rover, could the Cyber Truck be EMP proof? Faraday cages are basically metal boxes, and the truck is basically the same thing, I would imagine the electronics of the vehicle are isolated from the body and the only question is the windows, but perhaps the material chosen for the windows and their design might lend to maintaining the integrity of a faraday cage with the body.

I know that Mars doesn’t offer the same protections that Earth does from radiation and all that from the Sun and other galactic sources, thus electronics there need to be hardened so they don’t get fried.

Just a thought from a BS session over beers, what do you all think?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    I don’t know, but I want one.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    100% this.

Quote Originally Posted by t1tan View Post
    I don’t know, but I want one.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Tesla is a terrible company with terrible products. Anyone seriously considering them should do their due diligence and research before buying into them.

The Cyber Truck looks awful. It looks like a silly vehicle from a 1980 movie about the future.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    What sort of problems have you had with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by THCDDM4 View Post
    Tesla is a terrible company with terrible products. Anyone seriously considering them should do their due diligence and research before buying into them.

The Cyber Truck looks awful. It looks like a silly vehicle from a 1980 movie about the future.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Wrong quote
    ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    #truth

Quote Originally Posted by Outlander Systems View Post
    100% this.

ETC (SW/AW), USN (1998-2008)
    CVN-65, USS Enterprise

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    What sort of problems have you had with yours?
    I don’t own one. Nor would I purchase one. I know some engineers and techs at Tesla, who have shared a bit of info, but most of it can be searched on the internet.

A summary:

-auto drive that doesn’t aknowledge parked/non moving vehicles
    -highest fatality rate for any luxury’s manufacturer
    -one of the highest crash rates
    -a mix of medium and very poor components. Overall quality below industry standards
    -rattling that will not go away
    -high insurance premiums
    -high maintenance costs
    -slow turnaround at service centers
    -catastrophic power steering failure
    -Tesla batteries are poor quality, cold weather affects their efficacy
    -Eli and Tesla lie about their high rate of accidents being of known causes without fixes in the pipeline
    -bad customer service. Abysmal, really.

Tesla exists on subsidies and “cool factor”. They are not fiscally sound even in a booming economy.

Couple that with how they beta test everything on the people who buy their products first, the solar city debaucle, a poorly run company overall - and you’ve got some serious issues that get mostly ignored instead of dealt with.

I wouldn’t want to be holding the bag on owning any of their shit when they go out of business.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    We’ve had some Model X vehicles in our fleet since 2017, and have had zero issues.

YMMV.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    We’ve had some Model X vehicles in our fleet since 2017, and have had zero issues.

YMMV.
    Looking at the bigger picture over longer periods of time (small sample sizes aside), the company is poorly run and they have major issues with safety that they ignore and flat out lie about.

Quality issues and complaints are out there and known.

There is a reason they require a full inspection every 12,000 miles.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast