Page 180 of 408 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast
Results 1,791 to 1,800 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Magic_Salad0892 View Post
    Haven't been in the store in while, but I walked in on a screaming match between a customer, and a guy behind the counter.

They were arguing about weather or not the Navy SEALS were issued Mk. 25 pistols, or Beretta M9s.

Full on yelling at eachother, and in between fits of screaming, the guy behind the counter was trying to sell me things, and be uber professional about it.
    That's one of those cases where "the customer is right." No reason to get into a pissing match with a customer if they are absolutely, positively right about it and "you can't tell me otherwise!" You just kind of nod and press on.

Professionalism goes as far as what your customers see. And seeing an employee getting into a screaming match with a customer is not the kind of image one wants associated with their store.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    FWIW, In the movie, "Lone Survivor" they carried M9s....not P226s.

(got to see a sneak preview)

Marcus Luttrell was pretty hard nosed on making sure Berg told his story correct, so if they carried M9s...maybe some SEALs so use this as their sidearm over the P226. I am pretty sure those guys can carry whatever they want.

-brickboy240

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    Wow. I thought this was a particularly useful set of statements:

Shooting a few (or many) guns every week at a square range is not training - it is just shooting

Military / Law Enforcement Qualification is not training - it is testing under controlled conditions

Attending many courses but avoiding force-on-force work is not training - it is lying to yourself

If we claim to each other that our defensive firearm skills are adequate, but don't challenge ourselves weekly with training regimen involving sweat-pouring, physically demanding fight skills to also include force-on-force variables with & without guns, knives, implements - we have no business recommending any defensive tools, tactics, or even discuss ideas involving such decisive life-changing predicaments.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Iraqgunz View Post
    I was in a store a few days ago when I overheard a guy asking about how to purchase a full auto M16/M4. The person behind the counter (who is part owner) told the guy you can only buy machine guns if you are a dealer. So you have to get your FFL first, and then apply for a permit (WTF?). Then he proceeds to show him a Windham Weaponry carbine which he explains is the "closest thing to a Colt military issue carbine but much better". Of course they only wanted 1300.00 dollars for it.

Then I see surplus aluminum magazines (heavily used) for 12.99 each!
    Where is this store?
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    You just gave me flashbacks, Koshinn.

When living in Hawaii for several years I decided to jump through hoops and purchase a firearm there. Applied for my permit and walked into a gun shop...biggest mistake of my life.

I was not doing *anything* other than browsing holsters on his wall. The guy literally said "Hey dumbass! It's a f*cking holster, you idiot. Why are you finger ****ing it? FUNCTION FOLLOWS FORM" and kicked me out of his store. This is not an exaggeration and his "function follows form" statement was screamed so loudly that he was spitting out of his mouth. Dude is a grade-A ****ing nutcase.

About the only nice thing I can say about him is that he spends considerable time and money countering the liberal anti-gun agenda in the Hawaiian state legislature and he's big on the "Chart" for AR15s.

You guys can check him out. I wonder if he's a member here.

http://www.kaneohegs.com/ is his website

http://www.kaneohegs.com/MusingsandO...AndExperiences is a wonderful little gem.

Deep down, I think his logic is sound and he makes good points on certain things. But he's got a ****ing screw loose. Just to make a point, when I registered my lower receiver a few months later at the police station, someone was registering a handgun they bought from him and the guys working the desk said "Haha, you made it out of Kaneohe Gun Shop alive? We're just waiting for that dude to lose it one day"

He was in a couple of classes I co-instructed with my former employer. Seemed like a good guy, but I can see how the two probably get along well, seems they both like to act like douches to customers.

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    FWIW, In the movie, "Lone Survivor" they carried M9s....not P226s.

(got to see a sneak preview)

Marcus Luttrell was pretty hard nosed on making sure Berg told his story correct, so if they carried M9s...maybe some SEALs so use this as their sidearm over the P226. I am pretty sure those guys can carry whatever they want.

-brickboy240
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the SEALs have access to whatever they want/need for any particular mission. I've worked with a few SEALs in my day and it seems to me that I've heard P226's, HK MK23's and a few others...
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_fireman19 View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but it's my understanding that the SEALs have access to whatever they want/need for any particular mission. I've worked with a few SEALs in my day and it seems to me that I've heard P226's, HK MK23's and a few others...
    I thought they carried Desert Eagles!

At least that's what the guy in the gun store told me...
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Don Robison View Post
    He was in a couple of classes I co-instructed with my former employer. Seemed like a good guy, but I can see how the two probably get along well, seems they both like to act like douches to customers.
    And that is exactly what makes everything even more confusing. Outside of his store, he's a totally normal guy. I've seen him (but admittedly, didn't talk to him) at Kokohead public range days and he's like a different person. He's helping out little kids shoot .22 rifles and he brings many, many guns to let the public try out and shoot for free. He attends public hearings regarding gun control laws and is always donating money to Pro-2A groups.

But if you're a customer in his store he acts like he doesn't even want your money.
    Last edited by Eurodriver; 12-04-13 at 11:15.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post

There's a gun store in Henderson (south Las Vegas), NV that has an owner just as bad as what Eurodriver describes. He believes that Bushmaster, Condor, and Gemtech make the best ARs, tactical gear, and silencers. I shopped there and he made me feel like I was not only unwelcome, but that I was wasting his time looking through his stuff. What's worse is that I'm close with one of his employees and he even knew that. I heard he threw out NV's Battle Comp rep for no real reason other than something like "if he wanted products, he'd order them." I know the (now former) BC rep, who is very professional and quite knowledgable on the subject matter. There's no reason to treat anyone like that, and it's not like BCs are snake oil.

Basically, I'd never shop there again.
    I'm going to guess Lock N Load ;-) How did I do?

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Vegas View Post
    I'm going to guess Lock N Load ;-) How did I do?
    Nope
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Page 180 of 408 FirstFirst ... 80130170178179180181182190230280 ... LastLast