Page 1 of 408 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)

DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Here is a good one from today...

Gun shop owner: " This here is a Auschwitz rifle."

Me: "Uh, yes, those ANSCHUTZ rifles are very nice.

"No AUSHWITZ, its German.

"Uh, I am pretty sure that was the name of a concentration camp.

"Yeah, it's named after it."

"Gotcha."
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    Last shotgun I bought the guy asks me if I have any questions about functioning that I need to ask. I said no. Then he said "Did you know that you can't load the tube unless there is a shell chambered first right?"

Feedback Score
    26 (100%)
    Actually I'm pretty sure there were lots of German rifles manufactured at Concentration Camps, especially for the SS. The quality control regimen was very intense since they were worried about sabotage, so they are actually of very high quality.

Couldn't tell you where I ran across the information, but I'm pretty sure it's good though I'm not sure Auschwitz-Birkenau was a manufacturing site.

This of course presumes the owner wasn't actually pointing to an Anschutz rifle at the time.
    Last edited by Gutshot John; 02-21-09 at 18:17.
    It is bad policy to fear the resentment of an enemy. -Ethan Allen

ToddG Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutshot John View Post
    German rifles manufactured at Concentration Camps, especially for the SS.
    That's correct.

Feedback Score
    16 (100%)
    "Rock River is the best AR you can buy. Why do you think the DEA, CIA, FBI and everyone else uses them?"

I heard that as I was taking one apart. I was sure to point out the piss poor carrier key staking while I had the BCG in my hand.
    Last edited by jeffreywt; 02-21-09 at 18:34.

Feedback Score
    24 (100%)
    Not unless Anschutz .22 target rifles are being manufactured at Auchwitz.
    Let those who are fond of blaming and finding fault, while they sit safely at home, ask, ‘Why did you not do thus and so?’I wish they were on this voyage; I well believe that another voyage of a different kind awaits them.”

Christopher Columbus

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    "Rock River is the best AR you can buy. Why do you think the DEA, CIA, FBI and everyone else uses them?"
    Sounds familiar.

Guy was asking about a Colt-"You dont want a Colt,you're just paying for the name.DPMS is top of the line,thats what all the SpecOp types are using".

I dont own a Colt(dont plan to)but...

Im pretty sure if it had been a Bushmaster,RRA,etc on the wall he would have said the same about it.

Maybe the dumbest though,was during the "AWB"...

I was standing at the counter when another customer a few feet away made some comment about the ban on "hi-cap" mags.The owner working behind the counter says "I dont think anyone should have more than 10 rounds anyway".I gave him a funny look and glance to my right to see two other guys giving him a similiar look.We all immediately walked out...i doubt the others ever returned either.

I tried to look the place up to see if it was still arround for an "anti-gun gunshops" thread awhile back.I found what i thought may be the same guy,but in a different location(same town,Milan OH),but i couldnt be sure.

They may have went out of business.:
    Last edited by Jerm; 02-21-09 at 19:22.

Feedback Score
    This wasn't at a gun store... it was in the squad room back in the days when I wore a tin star & chased bad guys:

Officer 1: "Well the thing about a forty-five is that even if you him 'em in the hand, you're going to knock 'em down!"

Me.. and Isaac Newton:

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    I hate to pick on these guys but they give us such a bad name.....

At a recent gun store visit:

".....and the best part about a 12 gauge is that you don't even have to aim it. You can even skip buckshot off the drywall toward the bad guy."

At a trip to the shooting range last year:

Guy next to me says "The Keltec PLR-16 is the best gun for when the SHTF" I asked why and his answer was "Because it has a folding stock" I didn't ask him about his nunchaku skills.
    "The sword is more important than the shield, and skill is more important than either. The final weapon is the brain. All else is supplemental." John Steinbeck

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buckeye67 View Post
    This wasn't at a gun store... it was in the squad room back in the days when I wore a tin star & chased bad guys:

Officer 1: "Well the thing about a forty-five is that even if you him 'em in the hand, you're going to knock 'em down!"

Me.. and Isaac Newton:
    I've only ran into one guy so far since I was shot with a .45 that I got to flatten verbally about that nonsense.

Page 1 of 408 1231151101 ... LastLast