Page 101 of 408 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    Eh... with my luck it would end up printed in poster size at the front of a court room.
    That's why I'm pretty careful what I write on the interwebs.

Feedback Score
    "You don't really want your weak hand to grip the pistol that much, you really just use it to rest your strong hand on and cup the bottom of the magazine in case it comes out when firing. That's really the most accurate way to shoot a pistol--that's why the military teaches it."

He then went on to suggest that weaver was the only stance you could hit anything with. I stupidly decided to mention something about body armor and squaring up, he dutifully informed me that now they have body armor on the sides of your torso so soldiers can shoot their pistol more accurately. I said, "huh, didn't know that" and walked the other way as fast as possible.

ETA: his reason for weaver being best is because the pistol recoils straight up while in an iso stance it recoils wildly to your right...
    Last edited by Complication; 12-04-10 at 20:06.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Complication View Post
    ............ETA: his reason for weaver being best is because the pistol recoils straight up while in an iso stance it recoils wildly to your right...
    That's why I use the isosceles stance instead of the Weaver when shooting big revolvers like the 454. If it comes straight back it hits you in the head. If it recoils wildly to the right is just clips your ear.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 12-04-10 at 20:29.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    ..."Do you leave your engine running when you are not driving your car?"...
    I don't leave the engine running, but I don't remove the gas when parking

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    I don't leave the engine running, but I don't remove the gas when parking
    This is exactly what I thought when I first read it, but I couldn't replay then because of the post requirement.

Feedback Score
    That's why I use the isosceles stance instead of the Weaver when shooting big revolvers like the 454. If it comes straight back it hits you in the head. If it recoils wildly to the right is just clips your ear.
    I've been trying to figure this one out. That's sarcasm, right?

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

Feedback Score
    52 (100%)
    I was taking a class today at Insights and we had a "that guy". Picture John Candy. Besides all the "tactical Tupperware" and "at least a .45 will knock a man down" BS this guy was apparently an expert on knives. When the owner showed up to show everyone a new Insights/Bladetech collaboration on this guy rudely whipped out his Benchmade and asserted that "Benchmark is the best. They buy up all the best steel."

No knock on Benchmade. I happen to own a few and really like their products. I just thought it was funny that this blade expert didn't even know the actual name of the company he was talking about. It was also entertaining to watch the Insights instructor shoot down a bunch of the guys' myths in front of the class.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Seen at a gunshow not heard at a gun store but still. I think it fits.

Tu ne cede malis
    http://mises.org

"Cheer up Jim. Thank God we don’t get as much government as we pay for!"
    -Charles Kettering

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    I have a picture of a cheap side by side twelve with an AR stock on it somewhere.

Page 101 of 408 FirstFirst ... 519199100101102103111151201 ... LastLast