Page 100 of 408 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,000 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by bkb0000 View Post
    "they're real nice.. pistons, they are.. way more reliable than the normal kind of AR."
    I hate hearing this at every gun store I visit! I also hate hearing how great RRA is! A lot of gun shops in my area push them. I almost had a heart attack the other day when I heard both at the same time

All I could do was think about all the gear BESIDES a sling mount that I wanted to attach to the rear Picatinny rail.
    Last edited by William B.; 12-02-10 at 21:47.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    That's a pretty cool pistole there Colt, I'm glad you showed it to us! I'd want one except I have a SIG 556 pistol.. My Rock River is a shootin SOB. That's a fact.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 12-02-10 at 19:30.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    All I could do was think about all the gear BESIDES a sling mount that I could attach to the rear Picatinny rail.
    Duh... a backup weapon system. One hit with this and its all over.
    The advice above is worth exactly what you paid for it.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Nevermind...
    Last edited by William B.; 12-02-10 at 22:14. Reason: Thread Drift
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    ''I get better training with my 'Rock Rivers Armament' carbean than you do with your fancy Knights gun. Boy, boy do you even know how to clear a malfunction? Do you know what a double feed is?''

''Why a suppressor during a home invasion? It's not like you're the one breaking in.''

Heard these today.
    We miss you, AC.
    We miss you, ToddG.

Feedback Score
    Place: The Firing Line, just north of Allentown, PA, several years ago

My best friend and I had gone to The Firing Line to do some shooting at their indoor range, and the guy behind the counter who was selling us targets and writing up our range cards asked to see what we brought to shoot.

We put the cases on the counter, my friend shows the guy his Sig P228 and S&W 686. I opened my case and let him see (not touch) my P7M13 and said "I carry a Glock 19", tapping my concealed pistol.

Counter Guy: "Well, at least your friend here has a gun that MIGHT actually put someone down with the right load! You carry that 686?"

(mind you, this was a 686 with a 6" barrel)

Best friend: "Um...no."

Counter Guy: "Well I hope you don't carry that Sig, because if you do, you'll have the same problem your buddy does, carrying a piss ant 9, might as well carry a .22."

Without any warning, Counter Guy proceeds to draw his Kimber .45 to show to us a real self-defense handgun, a .45 is the only round you can depend on, Kimber makes the best .45 by far, can carry a .45 cocked and locked, blah, blah, blah.

Then he draws a spare magazine from his pocket, almost sticks it up my nose and says "See those? 230 grain Federal Hydrashoks, baby...see that post in the middle? That's a tungsten steel rod and will go right through a bullet-proof vest or a car door. That's why you can't even BUY these in Jersey! They're armor-piercing hollowpoints! That's a REAL self-defense bullet, not those f***ing 9's."

"America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves." - Abraham Lincoln

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)

At Tanner several years back...

My brother in law reminded me of these two last night...

At tanner looking to buy about 10,000 rounds of 7.62X51 to split with my Bro' in law. One guy trying to sell us some old mil-surp ammo (At 3X's the price of current manufactured ammo we were seeing on other tables) actually said this crap:

"You want to get ammo that was manufactured prior to 1995, since all ammo manufactured after 1995 is made with different primers that the government is forcing ammo manufacturers to use; the new primers expire after less than a year in storage and you cannot shoot the ammo anymore..."

We both looked at eachother and just walked right off. The guy yelled something at us, but we couldn't quite make it out.

Also at tanner a few years back:

A guy trying to sell a .50 BMG over the .308 the guy is looking at buying/wanting:

Gun Dealer: "Is this .308 intended for SHTF?" Potential Buyer "Yeah, for SHTF, I want a .308 for the added range, barrier penetration and stopping power over my current 5.56 AR's... Gun dealer:"You want to have a .50 BMG when the SHTF, you can kill anything and everything on gods green earth with one shot; hell even if you miss, the bullet passing by will still disorient them from the speed it is traveling and the suction it creates behind it..."

Yeah; becuase when the SHTF everyone wants a 20-30+ pound rifle that has a 1-5 round capacity with ammo that costs $2.00+ a round, is scarce as all hell, and heavier than shit to carry more than a few rounds.
    We interrupt this programme to bring you an important news bulletin: the suspect in the Happy Times All-Girl Glee Club slaying has fled the scene and has managed to elude the police. He is armed and dangerous, and has been spotted in the West Side area, armed with a meat cleaver in one hand and his genitals in the other...

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Every time a gun store commando tells me or someone within earshot that the sound of a 12g shotgun racking says **** off in every language I wander over, lean in close and say "I keep my guns loaded because if I rack it they might hear me... and get away!"

Freaks the Cabelas crowd right out.

Feedback Score
    94 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by RyanB View Post
    I wander over, lean in close and say "I keep my guns loaded because if I rack it they might hear me... and get away!"Freaks the Cabelas crowd right out.
    That is freaking hillarious, you got me laughing. I think you should make that your signature.
    "Real men have always needed to know what time it is so they are at the airfield on time, pumping rounds into savages at the right time, etc. Being able to see such in the dark while light weights were comfy in bed without using a light required luminous material." -Originally Posted by ramairthree

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    Eh... with my luck it would end up printed in poster size at the front of a court room.

Page 100 of 408 FirstFirst ... 50909899100101102110150200 ... LastLast