Page 107 of 408 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast
Results 1,061 to 1,070 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by LowSpeed_HighDrag View Post
    I was about 20 at time that I got stationed in CA. I brought my Sigs with me to keep at my house, bought 10rd mags, everything was good. When I told the local gunstore about this they immediately told me, "WOAH!! You have illegal weapons. You need to register those with the CADOJ right now or else you could be facing some serious prison time!" Well, as a young and dumb individual I did the unthinkable and registered my guns. Only to find out later that I was federally exempt from CA Registry and was not at all required to register. Needless to say, I dont shop at: QUANTICO TACTICAL SUPPLY anymore.

This is one from the same store. As I was questioning why they were selling their Sig P239 9mm's for $1000, they told me that was the best price in town. I told them I bought mine in CO for $620 new. They proceeded to tell me that CA requires pistols to be sold for nothing less than $850 and the one I got was probably garbage anyways. Again, this shop is called QUANTICO TACTICAL SUPPLY and I would avoid them at all costs.

If youre ever in LA and want to visit a legit gun store, check out Rifle Gear. If youre ever in Northen Colorado, check out the store that has taken $$$$$$ from me, Jensen Arms. Jensen may be the best gun store in the south west, if not the entire western hemisphere.
    Hey, that's outstanding. Those are the same guys (well, the one at Quantico) who were trying to push the RRA piston-driven AR15 pistol on me earlier in this thread. I wasn't going to name names, but...
    I go to the one on MCB Quantico sometimes. They give good military discounts and some of the employees seem like good guys, but some are douche bags, too.
    Last edited by William B.; 12-18-10 at 14:53.
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    9 (100%)

Pretty dumb thing I heard today at a gun shop in the 'burbs of New Orleans was complete "silence". I spent about 15-minutes walking around looking at their outrageous price tags, like $2000 H-Bar and $25 for a cheap small zippered pistol case. Two men behind the counter looked dead at me and I did not get the first, "hi-do", "how are you?" or nothing.

Wonder why some of the "mom & pops" are going out of business? He's probably blaming poor business on the liberals.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I'm bumping this thread. Any new tales from the gun shop, range, etc?
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    At a gun show: "You sellin your AR.... woah what are those dents in the stock nut!?"

Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    I'm bumping this thread. Any new tales from the gun shop, range, etc?
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    Aaaahhh, thanks for the bump... I love this thread, and I nearly forgot about it.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    At a gun show: "You sellin your AR.... woah what are those dents in the stock nut!?"

I know, it's so bad. My local gun shop recently got a bunch of Sabre AR's. Never really looked at a Sabre up close so I checked them out. None of their "stock nuts" had "dents".

Feedback Score
    50 (100%)
    Next time you go to your gun shop take out the BCG (AR15) and look at the gas key 'nut dents'. My local gun store got some Sabres in as well. I wasn't too impressed.

-Jax

Quote Originally Posted by kartoffel View Post

I know, it's so bad. My local gun shop recently got a bunch of Sabre AR's. Never really looked at a Sabre up close so I checked them out. None of their "stock nuts" had "dents".

"Despite what your mamma told you, violence does solve problems."
    -Ryan Job

Quote Originally Posted by Army Chief View Post
    "Elite" designations come from the things that you DO in life, and not from the things that you buy along the way. AC

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Funny stories.
    Last edited by Bowser; 05-16-11 at 20:42.

Feedback Score
    This wasn't at a gun store, but a gun show this past weekend I overheard this:

"I just picked up this DPMS because my friend told me they make some of the best rifles."

I had to turn away as to not laugh in his face. My first thought was that this poor guy needs new friends.
    Last edited by ssracer; 03-01-11 at 15:37.

Feedback Score
    I routinely hear the "original M16s where made by Mattell" drivel. The Glock will pass through a metal detector BS is a gunshop favorite as well.

Page 107 of 408 FirstFirst ... 75797105106107108109117157207 ... LastLast