Page 110 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast
Results 1,091 to 1,100 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    Here's a little twist for you -

I walked into a LGS and saw a WASR-10 underfolder on the wall. I asked to see it. No price on it, so I asked him what he wanted for it.

He: "It's a piece of shit I got on a trade. You don't want it."

Me: "Why not?"

He: "Receiver's shit. Not heat-treated."

Me: "How can you tell?"

He: "Metal shavings in the back of the receiver. That thing won't last another 200 rounds."

I pop off the receiver cover and sure as shit there are shavings.

He: "See? That's why I don't normally carry Romanian shit."

Me: "Whattya want for it?"

He hem-haws around. "$200. Cash."

Me: "Will $175 do it?"

He: "What the hell. Yeah. Deal."

The shavings came from where the receiver had been milled out to take double-stack mags. 2200 rounds later, it still hasn't failed

Also, as of last week, he had 9 AKs in stock, 5 of which were Romanian.
    Quote Originally Posted by MistWolf View Post
    A discussion involving the gayest lubrication, pinkies, Popsicles, hammering balls and dripping guns, all in the same thread...
    Quote Originally Posted by JSantoro View Post
    I like living a life in which beer is an appetizer, the floor is just another shelf, and the world is my urinal.

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Good job! There's nothing wrong with paying $175 for a WASR!
    Owner/Instructor at Resolute Response

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    A local gunstore employee in my hometown shot a coworker in the chest because he walked up behind him and startled him. No charges were filed.

No shit.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    Because they have all learned not to talk lest they by subjected to statements like the ones you're hearing. I've turned into an in and out kind of guy when it comes to shops. I walk in, look for what I need, walk out without saying a word.

The only gun store I have ever had a worthwhile conversation with someone was an AR oriented shop in Charlottesville Virginia. The owner of that store rocked! I wish I could remember the name of the shop.
    you check out "collector rifle and ammo" down kinda southeast of poughkeepsie? Not really the best place to talk to people, but they tend to have some pretty good deals on ammo. don't let em do any gunsmithing for you though.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    ooh i got a good one!

had some kid behind one of the tables at a gun show tell me that a 380 cal tec 9 made before 86 (it was an open bolt design) could be legally converted to full auto
    the price on it actually might have been legit.. it was like 700 bucks i think. i know the open bolt ones command a premium. still a piece of junk though unless you're into collecting 80's gangbanger paraphenalia.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by skyugo View Post
    you check out "collector rifle and ammo" down kinda southeast of poughkeepsie? Not really the best place to talk to people, but they tend to have some pretty good deals on ammo. don't let em do any gunsmithing for you though.
    Bought my AK from them, but they aren't that bright. I buy from them cause they have good prices but I wouldn't let them come near any of my guns to do work.
    Mobocracy is alive and well in America.*
    *Supporting Evidence for Hypothesis: The Internet
    -me

'All of my firearms have 4 military features, a barrel, a trigger, a hammer, and a stock."
    -coworker

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mac5.56 View Post
    Bought my AK from them, but they aren't that bright. I buy from them cause they have good prices but I wouldn't let them come near any of my guns to do work.
    good call on that!
    i transferred an SAR1 from PA through them a few years back. they of course had to pin on a muzzle device... i picked the gun up (finally... took like 2 weeks) went out to the hills to do a little blasting, cleaning it i take a look at the muzzle.. and lo and behold!
    the ****ing idiot drilled through into the bore.
    he basically told me he always did em that way and that it didn't matter... he did exchange the rifle for another similar SAR1 though. which was cool, but not as cool as simply not ****ing my rifle up would have been

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    I was playing a local townsperson at the Urban Training Center at Quantico today. I asked to see another Marine's dummy AK47 and he says to me, "Yep. That's like an exact replica of my AK74 back home."

Me: "Really? What make is it?"

Him: "I'm not sure. Some Russian brand I think. It fires that .30-30 round, though."

Me: "Ok. Thanks. Well, here's your gun back."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJR6eIo1aXk
    Last edited by William B.; 05-04-11 at 16:45.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Colt LE6920 View Post
    I was playing a local townsperson at the Urban Training Center at Quantico today. I asked to see another Marine's dummy AK47 and he says to me, "Yep. That's like an exact replica of my AK74 back home."

Me: "Really? What make is it?"

Him: "I'm not sure. Some Russian brand I think. It fires that .30-30 round, though."

Me: "Ok. Thanks. Well, here's your gun back."

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JJR6eIo1aXk

he probably meant .30 cal which, technically, would be right. Look lot's of people who handle weapon for a living don't know shit about names and designations of different weapons....., but they do know how to shoot and scoot and that's the important part to me.

just my .02
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    47 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK51Fan View Post
    he probably meant .30 cal which, technically, would be right.
    Not if he had an AK74 clone.

Page 110 of 408 FirstFirst ... 1060100108109110111112120160210 ... LastLast