Page 139 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast
Results 1,381 to 1,390 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by HK51Fan View Post
    I know the military is impressed with the M&P pistols they bought and equiped the ANP with. They've held up very well........The M9's are getting long in the tooth.....not as long and the M1911....... ;-)
    Not sure I'm reading you right...are you actually saying this or that it's a gun store myth? Believe it or not I've seen a fare amount of ANP/ABP officers walking around with M&P's. Also had a bunch turn up in TPE eqipment. Don't know who, what, where, why, or how.
    Last edited by a0cake; 02-22-12 at 21:16.

Feedback Score
    2 (100%)
    i don't know what it is....I'm just repeating what I've heard, bro.....obviously the 45rd mag is BS. I've heard yays and nays on the caliber switch and going back to a .45acp...I don't the know the hard numbers on M&Ps.....I want to say 2000 or 20,000 were sent to over there for the ANP forces. The instructors training them with the weapons seemed to be impressed with them. Maybe they caught somebody's ear. that's all I know, bro.
    " In War, Strife, and Acts of Bravery, it's always the strong one's that get taken from the GENE POOL......and we wonder why society is getting weaker!!!" - by me

Feedback Score
    actually spent several years working part time behind the gun counter and agree that there was usually a significant amount of training that was needed by most the sales staff. Another salesperson and myself had been answering questions from a man and woman regarding pistols. After they had looked at a 1911 variant I checked the action, released the hammer, wiped it down and put it back in the display. A new person had been watching me, and he jumped in to say that the method I used to release the hammer was wrong, explaining that I should use the part of my hand between my thumb and forefinger (that web section), and place that part of my hand between the hammer and frame, letting the hammer drop on my hand. To illustrate his point he reached in and grabbed a revolver, checked the cylinder, earred back the hammer, put his hand between the hammer and frame and squeezed the trigger. In some instances this works well, but not with a revolver that has the firing pin on the hammer. When that hammer released, me and the other sales guy damn near wet ourselves laughing at the shocked look on his face as that firing pin perforated his hand (S&W 44 mag). We were laughing so hard we couldn't even help him as he was dancing around, trying to get his hand free. To give him credit, he learned to walk softly, listen more then he talked and realize that there was always something to learn. lol still makes me laugh to think of how big his eyes got when that hammer fell.
    Si Vis Pacem, Para Bellum

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Im from the suburbs of chicago but now an LEO in houston. I went shooting with a friend while I was back home in Chicago a couple weeks ago and wanted to look at a 1911 after we were done. Well the guy pulls it out of the case and just holds it, and I'm thinking to myself why is he not giving it to me to hold. I ask him if can see it and he says no I can show it to you but you can't hold it. He asks if I had a foid card, of course I used to, I say no and he tells me I can't hold it. I ask if I can show him my badge and he says nope you can't hold it. That state is retarded when it comes to guns. I don't know if he was correct or not but I was dumbfounded.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    This past week, while at the local gun shop, one of the guys at the counter and I were talking and he mentioned how good he thought S&W AR15s were. In my opinion, they aren't bad, but they aren't top tier.

He then said that especially now with the S&W MP15 Sport, you're basically getting a Noveske for $600! They get their parts from the same place! People were paying to buy the label!

I nodded a bit. Pretended to agree. Walked out.
    Last edited by uwe1; 02-24-12 at 21:18.

Feedback Score
    Big gun show in town this weekend....tempted to just walk around with a digital recorder so I can transcribe later.....

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I was told today that my lower's bolt catch was a "pistol type" and that it catches the carrier and not the bolt.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    So I overheard part of a conversation at the show today. No idea what they were talking about, all I caught was

"If you use 80 grit and sand your bullets a little it makes it better"

And then his buddy said it worked for him. I REALLY wish I knew WHAT that helped....

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ssracer View Post
    So I overheard part of a conversation at the show today. No idea what they were talking about, all I caught was

"If you use 80 grit and sand your bullets a little it makes it better"

And then his buddy said it worked for him. I REALLY wish I knew WHAT that helped....
    Breaking in a barrel maybe?

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by uwe1 View Post
    This past week, while at the local gun shop, one of the guys at the counter and I were talking and he mentioned how good he thought S&W AR15s were. In my opinion, they aren't bad, but they aren't top tier.

He then said that especially now with the S&W MP15 Sport, you're basically getting a Noveske for $600! They get their parts from the same place! People were paying to buy the label!

I nodded a bit. Pretended to agree. Walked out.
    I understand its not worth it, but sometimes you need to stand your ground.

These people need to be put in their place.
    Why do the loudest do the least?

Page 139 of 408 FirstFirst ... 3989129137138139140141149189239 ... LastLast