Page 140 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast
Results 1,391 to 1,400 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    The amount of ignorant and hostile people encountered behind the counter at gun stores have encouraged me to pay the few extra bucks and do almost all of my shopping online with the help of an FFL transfer service.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    In some cases, I think they're overhead hurts them more than their attitudes. I deal almost exclusively online. I don't care who you are, $25 for a pmag or $200 for those 420 rd federal 5.56 packs is robbery.

Quote Originally Posted by deadlyfire View Post
    The amount of ignorant and hostile people encountered behind the counter at gun stores have encouraged me to pay the few extra bucks and do almost all of my shopping online with the help of an FFL transfer service.
    B.A.S. Mechanical Engineering Technology

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    It is robbery and I feel that their primary market is for people who don't know any better.
    Asking for 300.blackout at a certain store that sells lowers was a big mistake. I was scolded and the store clerk insisted I was looking for 300.win mag.
    The store clerk called back to the shift manager and asked if they stocked " three thousand backshot"

This comes from the same staff that explained to a new shooter that threaded barrels are "stupid cool guy shit for playing airsoft-assassin"
    He told the guy the thread protector also reinforces the tip of the muzzle during physical striking with the barrel.

I wasn't always passive in dealing with gunshop clerks either. I had gotten very flippant with an associate who told me I was not a good shooter when I denied his claim that 40.cal was the best cartridge ever made and it out performs 9mm and 45.cal in all areas.

Case closed, I stopped frequenting the store and began ordering everything online.
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    7 (100%)
    The only reason and i mean ONLY reason i go to gunshops any more is transfers. Thats it. I'm done. I cant stand all the bullshit i've heard and have been told.

I buy ammo from walmart, cabelas, and off the internet.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric D. View Post
    In some cases, I think they're overhead hurts them more than their attitudes. I deal almost exclusively online. I don't care who you are, $25 for a pmag or $200 for those 420 rd federal 5.56 packs is robbery.
    I wonder if it isn't just stupid practices and other "I really don't know how to run a business" issues. Might work out though, higher prices and taking advantage of people may beat out selling greater volume at a lower margin where even if the gross profit is the same, dealing in low quantity is just easier. Have ran into places before though that looked like they bought all their stuff from another retailer and went for selling it more, had items "not for sale" taking up space, all the employees and their buds have a nice little club house atmosphere, etc that are just horrible and seen the like go out of business.

Anyhow on topic. I think most of us have been in the presence of a discussion related to the finger of god that is more commonly known as "The Judge" but I would like to share a week end I recently had. I wanted to get some .223 or 5.56 for a decent price in bulk and didn't want to mess with the interweb unless no good or at least decent deals were available. Would you know it that 3/4 of the locations I poked my head into had a conversation either between the counter critter and customer or just between customers of how great the judge is.

According to the word on the street is that 3 disk and shot combo made to "optimize" (doesn't that still barely meet FBI criteria on a good day?) the judge will "take someones chest clean off" Dead horse I know, but I just haven't had the misfortune of having it in 3 different places before in the same 24ish hours.

Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to test someone out by initiating conversations with "so what do you think of The Judge"? kind of a sudden dead elimination round to figure out if you want to take advice from this person.
    Luck is awesome. The more proficient you are at what you do the luckier you seem to be.

Do what you love and love what you do.

Shooter and survivalist by hobby.

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    I went to a gun show today to sell a lower and grab some ammo cans. I had the opportunity to steer another young guy toward a Glock 19 and I even had the pleasure of talking NFA with one of the table vendors. Such instances are just few and far between.

Feedback Score
    12 (100%)
    off topic: I can't stop reading all near 70 pages. the stuff people say.....
    Combat veteran
    Lifetime NRA member

Feedback Score
    21 (100%)
    That is a brilliant idea

Quote Originally Posted by Axcelea View Post
    Does anyone else think it would be a good idea to test someone out by initiating conversations with "so what do you think of The Judge"? kind of a sudden dead elimination round to figure out if you want to take advice from this person.

Feedback Score
    58 (100%)
    Cabela's this evening.
    Customer: What is the difference between this Glock (19) and this Ruger (c9 something)?
    Clerk: Just the name.
    "Perfect Practice Makes Perfect"
    "There are 550 million firearms on this planet. That's one firearm for every 12 people. The question is... How do we arm the other 11?" Lord of War.
    "I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them." Thomas Jefferson

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    It’s not easy to support your local gun store when the staff regurgitates blatant dumbassery. But if they have what I want at a good price I’ll give them my money.

Page 140 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4090130138139140141142150190240 ... LastLast