Page 141 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast
Results 1,401 to 1,410 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    11 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by CoryCop25 View Post
    Cabela's this evening.
    Customer: What is the difference between this Glock (19) and this Ruger (c9 something)?
    Clerk: Just the name.
    One of my colleagues today.
    Customer: What’s the difference between a Millennium Pro and a Glock?

Colleague: You’re just paying for the name.

I looked at him and laughed right in front of the customer.

Feedback Score
    45 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eurodriver View Post
    I understand its not worth it, but sometimes you need to stand your ground.

These people need to be put in their place.
    This guy, in his own mind, is a very knowledgeable gun person. He has a fair amount of shooting experience (I don't believe he has ever taken a training course), reloads his own ammo, and might send more rounds down range per year than I do. Generally, he's a very nice guy, but he's a lot like many of the trolls populating the AR General Discussion when the quality of rifles gets discussed.

"Colt, you're just paying for the horse"

"No one is going to shoot enough to need a completely mil-spec gun"

"An AR is an AR is an AR....they all work when you pull the trigger"

"Noveske gets their parts from the same place as Smith and Wesson does for their ARs"

"I shoot .45s because I've been shooting so long that shooting a 9mm isn't a challenge, and I need a challenge"

"Unlike a 9mm, a center of mass .45 shot is guaranteed to stop someone"

It is hard to argue, or take a stand, with folks like these because they think they know it all. You aren't going to win and in the end, you just end up pissing him off and it's much easier to allow him to carry on. Besides, this LGS happens to also have the only indoor range near me and I don't want to screw myself out of options.

I did take a stand on reload technique using the slide stop versus the overhand release method. He started to use the usual argument about fine motor versus gross motor movements regarding activating the slide release and how under stress your fine motor goes to shit. I told him that if you're worried about pushing a slide release, then pushing the mag release and pressing on the trigger might also be a problem since they're fine motor skills as well. That ended that one...
    Last edited by uwe1; 02-25-12 at 23:52.

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)

Back from the depths!!

Okay, not at a gun shop or gun show but at my work. My boss came up to me this morning and told me he traded his H&K93 in at Cabela's...for $1600 and bought a Bushmaster, a Rossi Trifecta for his daughter (admitedly, a neat rig) and a few other odds and ends with a little bit of cash left over.

-VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by halo2304 View Post
    Okay, not at a gun shop or gun show but at my work. My boss came up to me this morning and told me he traded his H&K93 in at Cabela's...for $1600 and bought a Bushmaster, a Rossi Trifecta for his daughter (admitedly, a neat rig) and a few other odds and ends with a little bit of cash left over.

Jesus...I hope you were off to Cabelas as soon as he said it.

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Overheard at the local indoor range yesterday: "the judge says".... Wait for it.... "GUILTY!"

There were many more gems coming from that particular lane yesterday, but I couldn't bear to listen close enough to catch them all. I could have filled a full page of this thread with the asshattery this guy was spewing.

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post
    Overheard at the local indoor range yesterday: "the judge says".... Wait for it.... "GUILTY!"

There were many more gems coming from that particular lane yesterday, but I couldn't bear to listen close enough to catch them all. I could have filled a full page of this thread with the asshattery this guy was spewing.
    I myself prefer... HOW DO YOU PLEAD
    When you can't make them see the light, make them feel the heat.. - Ronald Reagan

smoke and drink and screw..that's what I was born to do.. - Steel Panther

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kfgk14 View Post
    Jesus...I hope you were off to Cabelas as soon as he said it.
    If I had the money and the time I would. I'm sure Cabela's priced it outrageously or one of the employees snagged it.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    My wife and I went to Cabela's this week end to use some gift certificates we had, so she got a PPS and I picked up my 2nd PPQ . On the Federal form the clerk wrote Smith and Wesson PPS, when I told him he needed to correct it he proceeded to show me the S&W import mark on the R/S of the slide and it took a few minutes to convince him he was wrong.

Feedback Score
    15 (100%)
    I about woke my wife up laughing. Thanks for that.
    Quote Originally Posted by mtdawg169 View Post

Acta Non Verba

Feedback Score
    43 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by lethal dose View Post
    I about woke my wife up laughing. Thanks for that.
    I got a laugh out of it for sure!

He knew the guy in the lane next to him, so the chatter was constant. He had earlier explained that the copper plating on the .410 pdx loads were awesome and would penetrate 5 wet phone books. I didn't catch the whole conversation, but he believed the copper plating somehow made the disk shaped pellets magical in their performance.

Page 141 of 408 FirstFirst ... 4191131139140141142143151191241 ... LastLast