Page 151 of 408 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,510 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaBoy View Post
    Me: Do you guys carry or can you special order Remington STS's or Nitro's?

Clerk: What are those? Rifle bullets?
    I'm pretty gun knowledgeable and I would have said the same thing. In fact I had to Google it to find out they were. I don't know a ****ing thing about special shotgun loads and I doubt many gun shop guys do unless they specialize in shotguns.

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jman4427 View Post
    Owner: "Since the DEA has been using the 147gr 9mm they have been scoring 1 round kills. Typically its 90% first round stop with 9mm and 96% first round stop with .40"
    That's actually true. DEA 1 shot stop right here.

Feedback Score

DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Quote Originally Posted by AKDoug View Post
    I'm pretty gun knowledgeable and I would have said the same thing. In fact I had to Google it to find out they were. I don't know a ****ing thing about special shotgun loads and I doubt many gun shop guys do unless they specialize in shotguns.
    But they do, the shop was more of a sportsmans/hunting store than a "tactical" store, though they do carry AR's/AK's and accessories.

They carry Winchester AA's which are the equivalent to Remington's STS/Nitro line. (premium skeet, trap, and sporting clay loads). But they didn't know what a STS is.
    Last edited by GeorgiaBoy; 03-25-13 at 13:04.
    But what then is capital punishment but the most premeditated of murders, to which no criminal's deed, however calculated it may be, can be compared? - Albert Camus

Feedback Score
    22 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Agreed common sense is a rare trait these days. Last fall a new neighbor from Kalifornia moved into my little town here in the PNW. His house uses fuel oil for heating so there is a tank outside for the stove. Anyways I was on a morning run and he was lighting the leaves and brush under and around the tank on fire. Really? I ran over and quickly told him to stop and put out the small fire he started. He couldn't understand why I would stop him. I had to explain that fuel oil is kerosene and flammable.

Fast forward. He asks if I can take him shooting. He has a new gun he wants to try. I ask what he has. He shows me... It is a damn flare gun. WTF. I think this guy loves fire way too much. I'll have to check if he wets his bed and tortures small animals.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3
    Awesome!

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by jklaughrey View Post
    Agreed common sense is a rare trait these days. Last fall a new neighbor from Kalifornia moved into my little town here in the PNW. His house uses fuel oil for heating so there is a tank outside for the stove. Anyways I was on a morning run and he was lighting the leaves and brush under and around the tank on fire. Really? I ran over and quickly told him to stop and put out the small fire he started. He couldn't understand why I would stop him. I had to explain that fuel oil is kerosene and flammable.

Fast forward. He asks if I can take him shooting. He has a new gun he wants to try. I ask what he has. He shows me... It is a damn flare gun. WTF. I think this guy loves fire way too much. I'll have to check if he wets his bed and tortures small animals.

I wonder if he'd be willing to relocate to my neck of the woods. Things have been slow lately and I could use the call volume/humor.

Ask him to Google the term "BLEVE" and see how his day could have gone.
    "Like the shiver of excitement you’d get if someone suddenly gave you permission to set fire to Piers Morgan." - Jeremy Clarkson

"If some scruffy dude tries to knock down my door in the middle of the night (granted, I'm not a fugitive from justice), I doubt that I would wait an inordinate amount of time to hear him make his little statement about being a "Bail Bondsman ..." or whatever before rotating my safety/selector to something other than the peace and tranquility position." - Army Chief

Feedback Score
    39 (100%)

Re: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Quote Originally Posted by ShortytheFirefighter View Post
    I wonder if he'd be willing to relocate to my neck of the woods. Things have been slow lately and I could use the call volume/humor.

Ask him to Google the term "BLEVE" and see how his day could have gone.
    Lol I'll be sure to ask.

Never judge a man by his success, judge by how he deals with his failures!- L.E.C.

Some People suck at being Human!- Me

"To keep you is no gain, to destroy you is no loss."- Khmer Rouge

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)

Today at a gun show.

SELLER: Trying to convince a couple that a Sig Mosquito is excellent for HD. "There isn't much difference between a .22 and a .40. I've killed 300lbs dear with a .22. When i was in Iraq and A-stan and ive killed plenty of people with this small .22"

BUYER: Im looking for a 50 caliber snub nose revolver! If i run into gangbangers in a dark alley i wanna have a pocket size 12G.

There was more. It seems that the Sandy Hook shooting brought all the squirrels out

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by Arik; 04-06-13 at 17:45.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Arik View Post
    Today at a gun show.

SELLER: Trying to convince a couple that a Sig Mosquito is excellent for HD. "There isn't much difference between a .22 and a .40. I've killed 300lbs dear with a .22. When i was in Iraq and A-stan and ive killed plenty of people with this small .22"

BUYER: Im looking for a 50 caliber snub nose revolver! If i run into gangbangers in a dark alley i wanna have a pocket size 12G.

There was more. It seems that the Sandy Hook shooting brought all the squirrels out

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2
    I'm sorry, but if I owned a gunshop, I would be SURE to capitalize on retards like that- like having a .454 Casull revolver on hand to tell them "sure here ya go!" And then procede to tell them how they "MUST" have this gun for the "low" price of such-and-such because a 9MM is for babies.
    OR having a couple "pocket sized" derringers or such and procede to tell them that this is as close to 12ga. as they can get for the "low" price of two arms and a leg because, don'tcha know that the smaller the caliber the more knockdown power it has because the smaller rounds travel so much faster than the big ones.
    I would also offer .22LR reloading services.

On a side note, I have been trying for a few months now to convince some people that .22 is not an effective defensive caliber. So far my words seem to be bouncing off a brick wall....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score

Sooner or later they'll get the message...but its still better than nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    If you can't convince them to switch to a caliber like 9mm or .38Special, at least convince them to get a revolver.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Page 151 of 408 FirstFirst ... 51101141149150151152153161201251 ... LastLast