Page 182 of 408 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast
Results 1,811 to 1,820 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    He kept focusing on all the exterior aspects of the guns and not once mentioned materials and craftsmanship. He did however, love how the sig had a "reciever tensioning screw" "the other ones dont have that!" I felt like telling him you turd, any decent rifle will not have any wobble between recievers, thus that screw should be a red flag. Just to add: the sig, and the bushy were both $1299, and the colt was $1200. The dd was $1500 but hey! Its a DD!! I really wanted to lean that guy towards the colt, but i let his buddy keep talking away. Lol
    That's funny...
    My BCM had a good amount of wobble.
    Tell me more about the wobble being a red flag.
    Quote Originally Posted by scottryan View Post
    Anybody that owns or sells pistol versions of assault rifles is a bottom feeder, irregardless of the ban status of certain ammunition.

They are illigetimate weapons that have no real purpose other than to attract retards to the gun community.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by polymorpheous View Post
    That's funny...
    My BCM had a good amount of wobble.
    Tell me more about the wobble being a red flag.

Idk i read that on here a while back.

Feedback Score
    6 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    No Boring,you get treated like crap because the customers are assholes. Sad to say, this sport / hobby / avocation attracts assholes.

I love to call people "son" to have a little fun. Every now and then I will get a little rise especially from an old man...

Oh the irony. Sad indeed.
    "These skills, just like the fundamentals, are not received on birth. They must be taught, understood, and practiced to maintain proficiency. And like martial arts and copulation, they aren't learned from the internet, a video game, or a magazine article." - Failure2Stop

Feedback Score
    8 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Just went to academy, there was a guy and his buddy looking at ar's. His buddy kept telling him to buy either the sig m400 or the bushmaster because they were "better". There were 3 6920s and 2 DDM4s sitting right there. he then takes the bushy, pulls the CH back and says: "o yea, properly staked gas key" i hope he doesnt convince him to buy either of those.. I wanted to say something, but i didnt want to make his buddy look like an ass.
    You're embellishing... You have to be. I was told that dpms uses superior parts and metals vs colt this last weekend so I guess anything is possible.
    Originally Posted by Iraqgunz
    This is 2012. The world is going to end this December and people are still trying to debate the merits of piece of shit, cost cutting crap AR's. Really?

Feedback Score
    Here's my list of commands I wish I could give to customers who walk through the door:

1) Grooming: Please do some assemblance of it
    a) Bathe
    b) Brush your teeth
    c) Put on clean clothes or at least some that don't smell like an ashtray. There's no worse smell on a person and nothing screams "white trash" more than absolutely reeking of cigarettes
    d) Unless you just came from, or are about to go to, drill or hunting, wear something other than camouflage. It just looks stupid and it doesn't impress anyone.
    e) I don't expect you to dress like you're about to do a photo shoot for some metrosexual magazine. God knows, a shirt with a collar and/or buttons is considered "dressed up" for me, but if your shirt has holes, burns, stains, grease, dirt, or shit on it, remember, you are representing the gun enthusiast community whether you like it or not. Do us a favor and give us a good image, please? Being proud and unashamed of simple, country roots is admirable. Being proud of being a trashy slob is not.

2) Educate yourself. Read up on facts. That friend who brags that he lost track of how many guns he has isn't always the best source for all things firearms related. I'm sick of hearing conspiracy theories and bogus laws. No, you don't have to sign a contract waiving all search and seizure protections if you have a Class III weapon. No, you don't automatically get arrested for murder in self defense cases and have to prove innocence. Maybe it seems like it from what we hear in the media, but presumption of innocence is not invalid in defensive homicide cases. Don't believe me, I've got one thing to say: George Zimmerman. No, you don't need a Class III license to own Class III items anymore than you need a Class I FFL to own a hunting rifle.

4) Looking at a price and saying "Is that the best you can do?" is rude. Especially on new items. There may be a bit of wiggle room on used guns. But we are still a retail store, we pay distributor price and have to make a profit on it. This isn't a Turkish bazaar; stop haggling for everything.

5) Get up to date on technology. If you're less than 70 years old, there's absolutely no excuse for not knowing at least the basics of a computer. Learn where the keys are, learn how to use a mouse and point and click. We do electronic 4473s. My boss won't change that.

6) Learn to read and write. Seriously. Do you know how embarrassing you are to the gun community when you don't know what simple words mean? I can understand getting confused by the legal babble on the forms, but if you don't know what 'ethnicity' or 'residency' mean...I just...C'MON, MAN!

7) For the older guys: I'm getting sick and tired of hearing how the gun you're looking at was only $50 when you were my age because I know you're trying to work me into giving you a better deal. I get it at least 3-4 times a day. I remember when a gallon of regular gas was less than a dollar. I'm not going to ask the guy at the Shell station to do better on his price because it didn't use to be as expensive. Everything is more expensive these days. We have inflation. It sucks. Big time. But get over it.
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    ... you don't have to sign a contract waiving all search and seizure protections if you have a Class III weapon.
    If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that ...

Feedback Score
    35 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by exkc135driver View Post
    If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that ...
    Jesus, I've heard that entire paragraph more times than I can remember. And I don't work in a gun store.
    Sig Sauer LE Armorer
    Glock LE Armorer
    Colt AR15/M16 Armorer
    T.O.S.S. (Tactical Officer Survival School) inst. Tom Long
    Vicker's Tactical Pistol 1 & 2 Carbine 1 Advanced carbine Inst. Larry Vickers
    Intermediate pistol Inst. Ken Hackathorn
    Combat Speed Inst. Dave Harrington
    Performance Pistol Inst. Frank Proctor

Feedback Score
    19 (100%)
    BTW BoringGuy, I can think of something worse than cigarette smoke. Okay, only slightly worse. Had a couple of young guys come in looking for a hunting shotgun wreaking of cow manure. They work on a dairy farm. Took ten minutes with the door open to get the smell out.
    -VERITAS VINCIT-

Feedback Score
    There is an expression "He still has $hit on his boots", but it's not literally true, usually.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    31 (100%)
    No Boring,you get treated like crap because the customers are assholes. Sad to say, this sport / hobby / avocation attracts assholes.

I love to call people "son" to have a little fun. Every now and then I will get a little rise especially from an old man.

Huh, would you look at that. One just walked in.

Page 182 of 408 FirstFirst ... 82132172180181182183184192232282 ... LastLast