Page 189 of 408 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast
Results 1,881 to 1,890 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    I used to want to work in a gun store, but don't think I could stand the posers, narcissists, loonies, etc.
    “It's no wonder that truth is stranger than fiction. Fiction has to make sense.” Mark Twain

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Pi3 View Post
    I used to want to work in a gun store, but don't think I could stand the posers, narcissists, loonies, etc.
    I still do- I'd just like it to be *my* gun store....

Quote Originally Posted by ca_fireman19 View Post
    That may sound silly to you in Virginia, but here on the left coast, that's a fair question.
    True....
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Not a gun shop, but a fellow the other day asked me if it was legal to have a vert grip on an AR....
    New York; no vert grip allowed.....

"Second handgrip or protruding grip that can be held by non shooting hand"

http://www.governor.ny.gov/assets/do...edFeatures.pdf

-David

AR-15 owner/shooter since 1998

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Well.... learn something new every day.
    That's just stupid....
    I guess an inanimate piece of plastic makes it to easy to spray 30 clips in half a second.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Feedback Score
    18 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jellybean View Post
    Well.... learn something new every day.
    That's just stupid....
    I guess an inanimate piece of plastic makes it to easy to spray 30 clips in half a second.
    No different than the criteria they came up with for the 1994 AWB.
    Experience is a cruel teacher, gives the exam first and then the lesson.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I went shooting today with my good friend. A few days ago he tells me he is going to the gun store by his house to pick up some M118LR they had a good price on. He goes in and asks if they still have any m118LR left and they guy has no idea what he is talking about. So after a few iterations of "What?" ... M118LR ..... "What?". My buddy asks where the 308 is at. He goes over to the shelf where all the 308 is at and starts looking at the boxes. The SAME guy walks over and asks him what kind of 308 he is looking for.

The store used to be the kind of store that catered to the "tactical" crowd and knew their stuff. But recently all their Colts, DDs and AAC rifles are being replaced with Windham and DPMS. Sad.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    ^^^
    Ahh, the gun store tough guy. We have guys who come in all the time telling stories about the people they've threatened to kill and how everyone is too afraid of them to do anything about it........
    Maybe I wasn't clear Boring, these two guys were the proprietors of the gun store! One is the president of the LLC, the other the treasurer. I am working next door to them for the next couple of months upgrading a substation, I think I'll drop in from time to time on my lunch break to see what other interesting things they have to say. Stay tuned ya'll!

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out why the 458 Lott is particularly well suited for splitting some effin SOB's head. Guess I should have asked.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 02-13-14 at 19:39.

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Stay tuned ya'll!

P.S. I'm still trying to figure out why the 458 Lott is particularly well suited for splitting some effin SOB's head. Guess I should have asked.
    Please drop in from time to time, it has potential to be a gold-mine. Do inquire about the efficiency of the 458 Lott for 'splittin heads'....I'll wait...
    www.thealaskalife.com www.facebook.com/thealaskalife
    Quote Originally Posted by okie john View Post
    Posers buy guns. Shooters buy ammo.
    Okie John

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by Suwannee Tim View Post
    Maybe I wasn't clear Boring, these two guys were the proprietors of the gun store! One is the president of the LLC, the other the treasurer. I am working next door to them for the next couple of months upgrading a substation, I think I'll drop in from time to time on my lunch break to see what other interesting things they have to say. Stay tuned ya'll!
    Oh, even better!

Quote Originally Posted by Pi3
    Add to that the fact that unless you own the place, most likely you won't make enough to buy most of the stuff you're selling. With the exception of food service, there is no industry more pride sucking than retail. I'm there because I like guns, I know guns, and I'm patient with people, so I'm able to do the job pretty well. Plus after getting let go from my last job, retail or food service are probably the only industries I'll be able to get jobs in for the rest of my life
    Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who do not.-Ben Franklin

there’s some good in this world, Mr. Frodo. And it’s worth fighting for.-Samwise Gamgee

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by hunt_ak View Post
    Please drop in from time to time, it has potential to be a gold-mine. Do inquire about the efficiency of the 458 Lott for 'splittin heads'....I'll wait...
    Thinking about it now, maybe he meant to use it to butt stroke his hapless and stupid victim thought I don't see how the caliber would make any difference. Maybe he meant to trick said victim into putting the butt against his forehead and pulling the trigger. Like I said, I should have asked but as it was, there was just this embarrassed silence. Embarrassing for me at least.

Quote Originally Posted by BoringGuy45 View Post
    .......Plus after getting let go from my last job, retail or food service are probably the only industries I'll be able to get jobs in for the rest of my life
    Don't even think that Boring, it will become a self-fulfilling prophecy. You can do better, I have confidence in you.
    Last edited by Suwannee Tim; 02-14-14 at 19:26.

Page 189 of 408 FirstFirst ... 89139179187188189190191199239289 ... LastLast