Page 201 of 408 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast
Results 2,001 to 2,010 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    5 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Picked up a FFL transfer at my LGS and the guy behind the counter started insulting everything about it.

Seems like a sure formula for keeping customers around.

FFL transfers don't make a ton of money for gun stores unless they're charging like $40+ for them. It's barely worth their time at $25, if it's worth their time at all. Every gun store I do FFL transfers through tends to try to sell me their products in stock for my next purchase.

I was buying Noveske lowers online once and a LGS was like "our Double Star lowers are just as good for 1/3 the price! And our NCStar accessories are all you need!" ... Yeah.
    "I never learned from a man who agreed with me." Robert A. Heinlein

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Koshinn View Post
    FFL transfers don't make a ton of money for gun stores unless they're charging like $40+ for them. It's barely worth their time at $25, if it's worth their time at all. Every gun store I do FFL transfers through tends to try to sell me their products in stock for my next purchase.

I was buying Noveske lowers online once and a LGS was like "our Double Star lowers are just as good for 1/3 the price! And our NCStar accessories are all you need!" ... Yeah.
    Very well said, and I completely agree. My go-to local guy charges $20 for a transfer, but I always go out of my way to see if he can get it for me first. If he can, then even if it's marginally more expensive I go through him. He carries all the magazines, and most other accessories I need.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ptmccain View Post
    Picked up a FFL transfer at my LGS and the guy behind the counter started insulting everything about it.

Seems like a sure formula for keeping customers around.

Should have told him: when YOU pay for it I'll give a shit about what you think of it.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Saw this gem on a local FB gun trading page today: he wants 2k for it. Poor colt..

image.jpg
    Last edited by SilverBullet432; 08-21-14 at 22:23.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by brickboy240 View Post
    Think about it....woken up at 3am out of deep sleep..no...you might not immediately have the fine motor skills to flick off that tiny safety. You are trying to catch your snap and probably get on your feet...you might only have seconds. A safety or de-cocker is just one more thing to fool with.

What is hard to understand about that?

-brickboy240
    Pfft. You think you'll be able to pull a trigger? You'll be way too tired. What you really need is a nice, sharp knife. Preferably without anything but blade so you can be assured that no matter what part of it you grab, you can use it to stab and slash the bad guy.

Last edited by MountainRaven; 08-21-14 at 23:45.
    " Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by SilverBullet432 View Post
    Saw this gem on a local FB gun trading page today: he wants 2k for it. Poor colt..

image.jpg
    Given standard commenting patterns on Facebook the ad was something like this: Supre autamatic colt, shutes reel gud. 35mm grenade launcher is bad ass, you're enemies wont now wat hit em! Supre scope will get u first round hits out 2 600 feet!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)

image.jpg
    For the operator inside..
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    3 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by MorphCross View Post
    Given standard commenting patterns on Facebook the ad was something like this: Supre autamatic colt, shutes reel gud. 35mm grenade launcher is bad ass, you're enemies wont now wat hit em! Supre scope will get u first round hits out 2 600 feet!
    There's a few "WHERE DID YOU GET DAT GRENADE LAUNCHER!" posts

Quote Originally Posted by KingCobra View Post
    For the operator inside..
    operators gonna' operate!

Feedback Score
    4 (100%)
    There's a few "WHERE DID YOU GET DAT GRENADE LAUNCHER!" posts

operators gonna' operate!
    Wish I was operator..

Oh wait......
    when life closes doors on you, blow them off the hinges.

Feedback Score
    82 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by VIP3R 237 View Post
    It's sad but true. After 10 years of working at gun stores I've learned its just not worth trying to correct customers and their misconceptions. You can offer friendly advice and some will take it, but most will do exactly what you posted because no one wants to hear they are wrong.
    If you think it's bad with random customers at a shop, try it with people you know....
    I swear, you can offer advice (VERY friendly advice I might add, without even throwing in how terribly shitty of an idea their planned purchase is) til you're blue in the face, and they just don't *get* why they should do something different.
    Like they say, most people don't want help they just want validation in their purchase. They just want to hear "mayn, that is SO BADASS breh! *high five*.
    I swear, I'm just about to pare my standard response down to "smile and wave" and let 'em have at it.

Guy I know traded a rather expensive item for an AR. Given what these items go for, I was expecting something pretty nice. Or at the very least, a stock 6920/MP-15 or something.
    The thing was a nightmare. CMMG lower (ok, maybe not *that* bad), God knows what upper. UTG 12" freefloat rail,either not tightened properly, or not attached properly in the first place because it wiggles. Tasco red dot (on of those massive walmart specials) mounted straight to the upper, no riser. UTG buffer tube.
    No idea of round count, but I popped it open, and the CH was pretty mashed where it engages the BCG, so.... either poor care or lots of rounds....
    The only good part was the LMT M4 stock.
    Everyone thought it was great. I tried *very* politely to explain why it was less than awesome (short of just saying "go get your other item back"), guy just didn't get it. Same excuse as everyone else- "it's just a range toy- I'm planning on more so I'll get a serious one later..."
    Haven't bothered with it since.
    Last edited by Jellybean; 08-23-14 at 16:56.
    "Once we get some iron in our souls, we'll get some iron in our hands..."

"...A rapid, aggressive response will let you get away with some pretty audacious things if you are willing to be mean, fast, and naked."-Failure2Stop

"The Right can meme; the Left can organize. I guess now we know which one is important." - Random internet comment

Page 201 of 408 FirstFirst ... 101151191199200201202203211251301 ... LastLast