Page 212 of 408 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast
Results 2,111 to 2,120 of 4073

Thread: DUMBEST things overheard at the gun store.

Feedback Score
    32 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Kain View Post
    That might have worked if the guy had been that smart. He was insistent that it was Oswald who shot the Nagant.
    Ruby didn't kill Oswald. He killed Oswald's body double. Who had the Carcano.

" Nil desperandum - Never Despair. That is a motto for you and me. All are not dead; and where there is a spark of patriotic fire, we will rekindle it. "
    - Samuel Adams -

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fjallhrafn View Post
    Ruby didn't kill Oswald. He killed Oswald's body double. Who had the Carcano.

No, no, no, the body double was the one they killed after the assassination, then tunneled to Oswald's grave and replaced Oswald's real body with that of the body double. Common confusion there. The question then becomes what did they do with Oswald's real body? As far as who had the Carcano, the easy answer is everyone did. You don't plan an assassination and use multiple calibers, that would be stupid.
    "I don't collect guns anymore, I stockpile weapons for ****ing war." Chuck P.

"Some days you eat the bacon, and other days the bacon eats you." SeriousStudent

"Don't complain when after killing scores of women and children in a mall, a group of well armed men who train to shoot people like you in the face show up to say hello." WillBrink

Feedback Score
    Quote Originally Posted by thopkins22 View Post
    Most "associate/team members/whatever your big box store of choice calls their employees" have no problem with folks who consume time without actually buying anything. Do they want to make a sale to show the boss that they hit their numbers? Sure. But I worked retail once and LOVED people who would consume an hour of my day. Boss sees that I'm engaged meaningfully with a customer being professional and polite, customer is happy to have someone to ramble to, and I'm not doing menial tasks like pulling items out to the end of the pegs to make it look full.

Gander Mountain employees aren't on commission...they could care less if you buy anything at all. Obviously there's a point where the mind-numbingly stupid conversations become too much to handle and you want out...but it's longer than most think it is if the store isn't packed and they really do need to help other customers out.
    100% correct. I don't get paid commission, so it really doesn't matter to me if you buy anything or not. I tell people all the time, "I don't make commission, so I don't have to lie to you."

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Apricotshot View Post
    100% correct. I don't get paid commission, so it really doesn't matter to me if you buy anything or not. I tell people all the time, "I don't make commission, so I don't have to lie to you."
    That seems like a silly thing to have to say.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Feedback Score
    13 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by ca_fireman19 View Post
    That seems like a silly thing to have to say.
    I tell people that at my store, in case they come back in and I am not there, they can deal with my boss. I do get asked that question almost daily by customers. But I sell Welders, and not firearms.
    98% Sarcastic. 100% Overthinking things and making up reasons for buying a new firearm.

Feedback Score
    I actually respect people who tell me they are not on commission. Having dealt with commission sales people of one stripe or another all my life I can honestly say that I will never again trust anyone who has a direct financial interest in giving me advice.

I'm not saying that an employee on an hourly wage couldn't give you incorrect information also, but the temptation for a commission sales person to say whatever is necessary to make the sale is just too strong for a lot of people.

You just have to get to know your gun dealers.

I used to argue with a long out-0f-business FFL on almost everything. It was uncanny how whatever he had an abundance of in his store was "the best money can buy." I think he was channeling Will Hayden or something.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I like Cabellas a lot. Their ammo prices are pretty good and you can find some real gems on the used rifle racks. A few years back I picked up a Swedish Mauser for 180 bucks. Shot it for a couple years and traded it back in to them for 250 bucks on a nice used Ruger No1.
    Last edited by C-grunt; 10-14-14 at 12:17.
    C co 1/30th Infantry Regiment
    3rd Brigade 3rd Infantry Division
    2002-2006
    OIF 1 and 3

IraqGunz:
    No dude is going to get shot in the chest at 300 yards and look down and say "What is that, a 3 MOA group?"

Feedback Score
    23 (100%)
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc Glockster View Post
    I actually respect people who tell me they are not on commission. Having dealt with commission sales people of one stripe or another all my life I can honestly say that I will never again trust anyone who has a direct financial interest in giving me advice.

I'm not saying that an employee on an hourly wage couldn't give you incorrect information also, but the temptation for a commission sales person to say whatever is necessary to make the sale is just too strong for a lot of people.

You just have to get to know your gun dealers.

I used to argue with a long out-0f-business FFL on almost everything. It was uncanny how whatever he had an abundance of in his store was "the best money can buy." I think he was channeling Will Hayden or something.
    My comment isn't reguarding commission, it's that if you ARE on commission you apparently have to lie.
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

Feedback Score
    My comment isn't reguarding commission, it's that if you ARE on commission you apparently have to lie.
    Well, it is a joke, so there's that.

Feedback Score
    1 (100%)
    I don't think that's the general feeling people have. Sort of a "all squares are rectangles but not all rectangles are squares" type situation though. It all comes down to the salesperson. Someone on commission can be motivated to be the very best, most honest, most caring, and most helpful salesperson I've ever had as a function of their commission and the possibility of repeat business. Or they can be motivated to lie because they will directly profit off of it...or simply ignore me if I'm dressed poorly that day and they don't think I'm worth their time. It can go in either direction.

Page 212 of 408 FirstFirst ... 112162202210211212213214222262312 ... LastLast